Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Default channel

(Topic created on: 30-04-2020 11:49 AM)
Mistert48
Apprentice
Options

My LE32A656A1F always defaults to Channel 16 (shopping channel) when it is turned on. Is there any way of either a) changing the default (to say Ch 1) or b) making it come on at the last channel viewed before it is turned off?

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
AndrewL
Options
@Mistert48: Do you have an external device, such as a cable or satellite box connected to your TV. If not, can you try going to Menu > Channel > Channel Manager > Child Lock > Channel List > Scroll to Channel 16 > Enter. Does it still default to channel 16 with the lock in place?
0 Likes
Mistert48
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL hi - thanks for the suggestion, but sadly no joy.

The closest I could get to your path was Menu>Digital Menu>Setup>Parental Lock> scroll to 16>Enter. Then backout of menu system. Tried changing channel to 1 - turn off TV, turn it back on - but it still goes to 16 (QVC 😩) .

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Mistert48: That is strange. Can you try going to Menu > Digital Menu > Channel > Edit Favourite Channel, is QVC listed here? If not, as a workaround, you could press the red button, add your favourite channels to the list, then go to Digital Menu > Channels > Channel List, and choose Favourites. Not ideal, but it should prevent the TV from defaulting to Ch.16.
0 Likes
Mistert48
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL - tried as above but when I set the Channel List>Default to 'Favourites' (rather than ALL) the TV is losing that setting as soon as I turn it off. So it still comes back on 16 😡😡
Maybe I need a new TV - or just live with 16. 
OR is there a way of deleting a specific Channel? I thought I had seen something at one point - but can't seem to find it again (or maybe it was just wishful thinking 🤔😁)

0 Likes
Gladiator51
First Poster
Options

I'm sure that many of us proud Samsung tv owners would like to know how to change the startup channel.  Maybe the question we should ask is "how much did QVC pay to have their channel plugged in as the default startup channel".

Mistert48
Apprentice
Options

Sort of glad to know it's not just my set then! @Gladiator51 

0 Likes
mnhl8670
First Poster
Options

My Samsung QLED 2019 always defaults to Channel 96 when it is turned on or switching from an app back to tv. Is there any way of either A) making it come on at the last channel viewed before it is turned off/switching apps or B) changing the default to a different station? I have an external device, a cable box connected to the TV. 

Solution
skipzone
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. As soon as you switch on the screen it goes home shopping channel. I want to make the INTERNET page the default from power on. It needs to work from power on as I like to save climate by switching off completely when not in use.  Should be a simple firmware update?

0 Likes
Mistert48
Apprentice
Options

Not sure what happened, but last time I needed to re-set the channels following a Freeview update, Channel 16 disappeared & now it defaults to Channel 1 (which is the one I watch most anyway). So my problems solved for now, though I guess it may reappear if I need to re-load the channels again sometime. 

0 Likes