Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curve TV

(Topic created on: 25-08-2022 08:16 AM)
Tatts21
Journeyman
Options

Please I need some advice. Does anyone have a cure for this ultra annoying problem that I have with my 55" curve TV? I've tried everything that I could find online but nothing seems to work.

Helpppppp!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tatts21
Journeyman
Options

Quick update. I determined that it was being caused by excessive heat as the screen was clear till an hour into watching it and then the black line appeared.

Before you ask the ventilation to the back of the tv is substantial as it's in the corner of the room.

I couldn't find any cure online so I've taken the back completely off and it's been working fine ever since.

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Fizaan
Navigator
Options
What is it?
0 Likes
Tatts21
Journeyman
Options

Not sure why the video doesn't work that I posted? Here's a still.

B8C22BEF-5862-4F95-968F-590B18F8F4EE.jpeg

0 Likes
Fizaan
Navigator
Options
Did you punch the tv
0 Likes
Tatts21
Journeyman
Options

No absolutely not? 
It's comes and goes. It stays like that for hours then disappears then reappears when it feels like it?

0 Likes
Tatts21
Journeyman
Options

Ps those horizontal white lines inside the black line move like an old Spectrum loading a game.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Could we take the full model code and current software version of your TV please, @Tatts21? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
Tatts21
Journeyman
Options

Version 1325 

model UE55NU7500U

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I had a KS9000 Curved TV, one day a similar issue, lucky I was in warranty, repair guy arrived said common, John Lewis called a fee days later saying not a viable repair, gave me a full refund.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Tatts21
Journeyman
Options

Sadly I'm not under warranty and I've been told I will need a new screen which is just as much as a new tv? 😞

0 Likes