Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Common Interface

(Topic created on: 02-07-2020 11:11 AM)
Pat551
First Poster
Options

Just purchased Samsung TV UE43 TU8500U. Do I need to fit the Common Interface card that came with it. No mention of it in the manual.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Pat551   No you do not need to attach the Common Interface  and  TV will work perfectly well without it. sometimes called CAM (Conditional Access Module)   It is a means for accessing some subscription services (you need to insert card in the slot) in the past it could be used  for Setanta /ESPN   but  no longer the case since BT Sports acquired ESPN.  Nowadays tends to be an option  for services on international satellites.  

satellitetveurope.co.uk/cam 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

33 REPLIES 33
ashyt16
Navigator
Options
No.
0 Likes
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Pat551   No you do not need to attach the Common Interface  and  TV will work perfectly well without it. sometimes called CAM (Conditional Access Module)   It is a means for accessing some subscription services (you need to insert card in the slot) in the past it could be used  for Setanta /ESPN   but  no longer the case since BT Sports acquired ESPN.  Nowadays tends to be an option  for services on international satellites.  

satellitetveurope.co.uk/cam 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

don123
First Poster
Options
I've got Samsung model LE32D400E1W cant get an common interface card can anyone assist please
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @don123   Are you looking for international sevices?   If so  could have a look at these links for instance and ensure it is compatible.  https://www.smartvisions.co.uk/product/original-common-interface-card-adaptor-slot-5v-samsung-tv      https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=common+interface+card+for+tv&i=electronics 

0 Likes
sansung2
First Poster
Options

You can buy them online  about £8

0 Likes
Members_41n0ph5
Apprentice
Options

I just bought a new TV and don't need mine. You want it?

0 Likes
Fekkitt
First Poster
Options
i have two of them if you want them for free
0 Likes
Mozee
Apprentice
Options

Hello Fekkitt,

I need a common interface adaptor if you still have one. Many thanks

0 Likes
Forestgirl
First Poster
Options

Do you still have the common interface adaptor? If so can I please have it.