Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Change Channel Number / Order - missing on Samsung Frame 49 UK

(Topic created on: 02-06-2020 05:17 PM)
Bluefusion
Explorer
Options

I have a 2019 Samsung Frame TV (UK) can someone advise how I can move or renumber the channel numbers?

Online states:  Live TV > Channel List > All > Edit Channels > Change Number.

But when I go into the Edit channels and select one to change all I have is:

LOCK

DELETE

RENAME

RESTORE SAMSUNG TV PLUS

EXIT?

No Change number?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Bluefusion
Explorer
Options

Okay I found a work-around, but have to say I stil cannot believe this feature is not available in the software of a UK TV!

1. Exported the Channel listings to a USB stick/drive:

SETTINGS > BROADCASTING > EXPERT SETTINGS > TRANSFER CHANNEL LIST > EXPORT

2. Move the USB to a computer and visit:

http://www.samychan.com

3. Import the channel list and edit move the channel numbers, for me I swapped the main SD channels such as BBC, ITV etc which were in position 1 and 2 with BBC HD and ITV HD which were at position 101 and 102 respectively.

4. Once your happy with your revised channel order, in the top right hand corner of the website click:

DOWNLOAD CHANNEL LIST - scroll down to the bottom of the new page and click the GREEN button labelled DOWNLOAD CHANNEL LIST. This should save a new packet/file to your selected destination.

5. Move the Packet/file back to your USB, move it back to the TV and import:

SETTINGS > BROADCASTING > EXPERT SETTINGS > TRANSFER CHANNEL LIST > IMPORT.

The TV will restart and your new EPG listing should be in place.

6. MAke sure you turn standby Auto Tuning to OFF, otherwise this will overwrite your EPG when it goes into standby:

SETTINGS > BROADCASTING > AUTO TUNING SETTINGS > STANDBY AUTOP TUNING OFF

Hope this helps!

J

View solution in context

12 REPLIES 12
AndrewL
Options
@Bluefusion: Have you tried multiple channels to see if the option is missing to change the number? The user manual states that this option might not be available based on your location, therefore it may be the case that it isn't possible to customise Live TV channel numbers in your region. To move a channel, navigate to the relevant channel, press the downward directional arrow on your remote, select 'Move', move the channel to the desired location and hit the Select button. For further details, please check out pages 14-15 of the user manual via the link below.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201910/20191024133448825/MUSDVBEUR-3.0.0_EM_MUSE_EU_EN...
0 Likes
Bluefusion
Explorer
Options

Thank you for the response Andrew but I'm still unable to change the channel order?

the pages you referenced, these menu options appear not to be available of the frame 2019 model and looking deeper in the manual where it does show how to reorder the channels - the option is not available? It does state in the manual that this option may not be available in my region, but surely this is a basic tv function why on earth would in not be available in 2020 in the UK?

Solution
Bluefusion
Explorer
Options

Okay I found a work-around, but have to say I stil cannot believe this feature is not available in the software of a UK TV!

1. Exported the Channel listings to a USB stick/drive:

SETTINGS > BROADCASTING > EXPERT SETTINGS > TRANSFER CHANNEL LIST > EXPORT

2. Move the USB to a computer and visit:

http://www.samychan.com

3. Import the channel list and edit move the channel numbers, for me I swapped the main SD channels such as BBC, ITV etc which were in position 1 and 2 with BBC HD and ITV HD which were at position 101 and 102 respectively.

4. Once your happy with your revised channel order, in the top right hand corner of the website click:

DOWNLOAD CHANNEL LIST - scroll down to the bottom of the new page and click the GREEN button labelled DOWNLOAD CHANNEL LIST. This should save a new packet/file to your selected destination.

5. Move the Packet/file back to your USB, move it back to the TV and import:

SETTINGS > BROADCASTING > EXPERT SETTINGS > TRANSFER CHANNEL LIST > IMPORT.

The TV will restart and your new EPG listing should be in place.

6. MAke sure you turn standby Auto Tuning to OFF, otherwise this will overwrite your EPG when it goes into standby:

SETTINGS > BROADCASTING > AUTO TUNING SETTINGS > STANDBY AUTOP TUNING OFF

Hope this helps!

J

Simon_1
Apprentice
Options

I have teh same problem with my new 43" 8500. Unbelieveable that this function is not available in the UK!

Simon_1
Apprentice
Options

There is a new software available, you have to download it onto a computer and unzip it onto a 2GB USB stick then stick that in the TV and follow the Software updates section. Ridiculous, as these problems were flagged up in 2019, my TV is two days old and it still hadn't been sorted. 

0 Likes
Sameframe
Journeyman
Options

I have a UE55MU6470 Samsung TV in UK. I find it absolutely ridiculous that I need to use a third party website to re-number my channel list. In the UK, our HD channels are on 101,102 etc. On my previous 50 inch Samsung I could simply move the 101 channel to the 001 channel. WHY do the boffins in South Korea think that we don't need this function anymore. I know you can generate a "favourites" list and then swap the channel positions. This still keeps the original channel numbers though.  I resorted to exporting the channel list to a usb drive. Then I went to samychan.com. This is where I cannot get any further. I have watched U-tube demos and seen what is supposed to happen, but all I get when I try and upload the zip file, or use the demo, is the following message....

Oops! An Error Occurred

The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".

Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Any ideas ??
Thanks
0 Likes
MATT SAWYERS
First Poster
Options

Tried this multiple times every time I put USB back in TV its says no channel list ? I no its on there as checked on computer each time ? Hacking me off as never had this trouble with old set and don't get me started on SD picture quality 

0 Likes
R_P
First Poster
Options

I’ve got the same issue on the new 2022 Frame TV, I phone up customer support and they simply said it wasn’t available, I asked to complain about it and get it noted as a missing feature/issue and I have a ticket No. but I don’t know if they’ll do anything. 
Like you said, such a simple thing to miss out for the UK software. 

0 Likes
LinjaerTV
First Poster
Options

Same issue with 2022/2023 S95B in Sweden. Just called customer support and they say it's not Samsung that controls this, and the person I talked to guessed it was the broadcasting companies that somehow controlled this. 
I've always had Samsung TVs and this is the first one where this function is missing. It's extra annoying that even the pictures in the manual are showing the button for editing channel numbers, and then it just says that this feature might not be available on my model or in my region. 

I agree fully with above posters, how can this feature not be standard in the whole world. How does the chain of events actually look for something like this to come to reality. Did they have a meeting somewhere when they decided what regions would get which small features taken away? 

I'll try the workaround listed above and see if I can solve the issue that way as I doubt I'll be able to change the way Samsung or... the deep state(?) controls this.

0 Likes