Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pair bluetooth headphones to TV

(Topic created on: 05-11-2018 02:58 PM)
fardo
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I have UH6400 40" smart 3d. Been into the engineers menu and activated bluetooth. It also shows what appears to be a valid address for the bluettoth module. When i do a search the tv will find bluetooth headphones by name but refuses to pair.

Tried with 3 diff types of headphones but no success. Will i have to plug something into optical audio out instead?

thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi  @fardo,   Do you have latest firmware?   I would ensure headphones are  fully charged, turn Tv on and off leaving for a few minutes,  if still issues possibly reset Tv and try again.  General troubleshooting  here  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00079347/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
fardo
First Poster
Options

Done TV reset and all that malarkey. Last resort is to re set phones to factory settings, otherwise will have to think about buying a gizmo for the optical audio out.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@fardo wrote:

Done TV reset and all that malarkey. Last resort is to re set phones to factory settings, otherwise will have to think about buying a gizmo for the optical audio out.

Allright, let us know how that goes-hopefully can get Bluetooth to work as best option,  optical audio out alternative though.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
fardo
First Poster
Options

Samsung live chat chat are suggesting TV  only Bluetooth 2.0 whilst headphones are 3.0 onwards and therefore not compatible. Have heard of something called a Teleme (?) plugs into optical port and comes bundled with phones. Any idea if compatible?

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That would explain it, as far as I'm aware Teleme is a VOIP service  phone/text service http://www.telemeapp.com/home.jsp    Perhaps someone else can advise.

0 Likes