Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BU8500 sky home screen change

(Topic created on: 27-11-2022 11:31 PM)
Mikrt
Journeyman
Options
On my previous tv, mu6400, when watching sky, pressing the home button on the smart remote would bring up 2 options, sky home page, or sky recordings.

On new BU8500 pressing home, brings up the tv home screen, not sky options.

So now I have to pick up the sky remote to get to recordings.

Is there a way to get the sky options up? If not, I feel this is a backward step.
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Mikrt  Could try setting up the Universal Remote again but may not provide a solution.   It appears  there seems to be not so straightforward for programming the Smart Remote with Skyq on the newer models. one workaround another customer found was  to go to Settings/123/RGB button, then navigating up/down to the 'control' section (below the numbers section), then navigating left/right to find the right button.

some more information here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/qn900b-remote-vs-sky-q/td-p/5824294 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Mikrt
Journeyman
Options
Thanks @JAMES4578, I already tried a few times. It appears to be a backward decision by Samsung to change it.
Another connected backward step, has been to remove the voice control for sky too (numerical button works) was handy watching sky PIN protected programme.