Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BU8000 series TV - Remote Question

(Topic created on: 06-08-2022 10:26 AM)
tonylon
Journeyman
Options

Have just purchased a 43" BU8000 series (2022 model) TV for my parents (UK Spec)

Model Ref: UE43BU8000KXXU

It comes with 2 remotes.

Can anyone tell me how to get the Guide (where the listings for Terrestrial TV are displayed) on the larger remote (ie the one with the numeric key pad which is the one they want to use).

On previous models there was a shortcut for Guide but this now seems to have been replaced by a shortcut button to another streaming service (Disney).
The Guide is accessible for a button press on the channel selection toggle button on the "Smart Remote" but seems a somewhat retrograde step to remove the functionality on the larger remote and thus force you to use both.

27 REPLIES 27
Rfollett
Apprentice
Options

having same issue with my remote BN59-01315N

0 Likes
ad201
Journeyman
Options

I have just had my TV replaced because the panel went faulty on the original and this new TV has no program guide button on the remote, the old remote still works fine, but I can't even find anywhere in the menus to access it either.

0 Likes
tonylon
Journeyman
Options

Gratifying to see so many replies from people experiencing the same issue.

But would really love to see an official reply from Samsung.

I wonder if they'd be inclined to send out an additional "old" remote (the one with Guide on a button) to me if I complain to their customer service?

0 Likes
anticks
Apprentice
Options

Same here with remote BN59-01315N. Thanks to the comments on this thread I will now try another remote we have B59-01315B which has a "guide" button. We actually bought 2 TV's at the same time and got these two different remotes

0 Likes
Davetech
Student
Options

Had the same issue - after literally 5 hours on Samsung chat, they confessed there was no way to get the TV guide without the remote control with the guide button. They then sent me a new "old" remote after proving purchase information.

tonylon
Journeyman
Options

I too had a long online chat with Samsung support.
They did suggest one key stroke combination "...The Samsung TV plus button will direct you to the guide however, this will jump to the TV plus channel. To check the guide information of the channel, you just need to press the number of the channel." - but not surprisingly that didn't work!

And in the end they too said they would send me an old remote (with Guide button) if i sent them purchase receipt. So I've done that and now just waiting to see if one does actually arrive...

anticks
Apprentice
Options

I came to the same conclusion (but without troubling Samsung support). I contacted the company I bought the TV from (Richer Sounds in Cambridge UK - can recommend) - it wasn't the first time they had had complaints.

They had a spare remote in the shop with the missing Guide button, so they sent it by courier, and I got it the next day.

For me, problem solved, but Samsung should really listen to these comments. I get it you want these pre-programmed buttons (I'm sure they get paid lots of money for it) - but can't you make the buttons programmable so the user can direct them to other services (such as the guide?)

Drg
Journeyman
Options

I'm on the chat bot with Samsung Support  re my UE50BU8000 - customer support are current saying that they cannot send out an old version remote !  "I am sorry to know that, Dave. With regard to sending an old remote control for the 2022 TVs, I am afraid, we do not have that option."   !

0 Likes
Drg
Journeyman
Options

PROBLEM SORTED  ; Dave 1 Samsung Customer Support 0       

On the new style remote ( solar powered version ) depress the button for the changing channels / up and down arrows normally and it takes  you to a list of channels for this hour only.  HOWEVER if you press the same button VERY quickly it takes you a full schedule     

On an old style  remote ( version with batteries ) It appears is the opposite way around.    Find the a button marked CH LIST.  Press this once quickly and it takes you to the one hour version BUT if you press and hold this button it takes you to a full schedule guide.    Samsung Tech customer support didn't explain this.     FYI the difference between a quick press and press and hold is very little - best try for yourselves.remote.jpg

0 Likes
anticks
Apprentice
Options

Interesting - can't get this to work on mine, as soon as i start to press CH LIST the channel list  (1 hour schedule, rather than the full guide) comes up straight away - holding it makes no difference. What is the part number for yours?
Mine is: BN59-01315N

0 Likes