Susan160
Apprentice
Options

E2040B23-0EB9-4250-893B-21A5E1019678.jpeg

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Susan160  if signal issues Is your son using an external Device such as Satellite/Cable Box?  For instance the source should be Tv for Freeview which is built in (unless using a separate Box) However if issue with the external connection check that the HDMI  cable is secure, if possible try another cable or see if another Device works in that port. otherwise  see if it works on another port.

If no joy I would suggest you Reboot both the Tv and the external Device (by unplugging for around a minute before reconnecting).

Some information here https://www.samsung.com//support/tv-audio-video/my-tv-does-not-detect-a-device-connected-via-hdmi 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
It's not the no signal @JAMES4578 (I thought the same thing lol), it's the colour banding/bleed/dark spots/streaks (screen distortion).

(HI @Susan160, Hope you get to the bottom of it. Tell E i said ello)
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Susan160  if  still having trouble with Banding/Bleeding can you take a picture Test,Settings-Support-Self Diagnosis-Picture Test.  May well need to get in touch with Samsung Support though for advice,how long has Tv been in household? Adjusting settings/brightness can sometimes make some difference with bleeding but may not help in this case.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

CGriff36
Pathfinder
Options
The LED backlight has gone. Hopefully its still under warranty.
Susan160
Apprentice
Options

It’s about 3 yrs old il just take it to the tip then thankyou for that I didn’t know if it was worth mending but won’t be will it