Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen SAMSUNG QE55Q700TATXXU 55" Smart 8K HDR QLED TV

(Topic created on: 01-06-2021 12:03 PM)
AlHants
Journeyman
Options

Whilst watching my 8-month old TV last night, the screen suddenly went black and hasn't come back since. The audio is still there. It doesn't matter what input I try - even unplugged all the inputs- still no picture just audio.  Any ideas anyone?

UPDATE: Jan 2022. Why oh why did I trust Samsung? This TV model is obviously faulty and yet they persist in fobbing off with promises of repairs that last a few months before recurring.

I should have taken notice of alarm bells after the first purchase was returned to Curry's after just a few days - as it kept switching itself off. It was replaced with the same model ; this one lasted six months. In June 2021, I reported the SAME fault and it was repaired. And then - another 6 months later (just before Xmas), it goes AGAIN - no picture. They came today to repair it - and they couldn't. "It's probably the motherboard" they say.

I am done with SAMSUNG. If they think I spent £2000 on this TV and now expect me to just let it rest then they're mistaken.

208 REPLIES 208
AlHants
Journeyman
Options
Update on my original post: Samsung arranged for an engineer to come and repair mine. They took the back of and replaced a couple of internal parts. Immediate improvement. Engineer said it is a known issue. Interestingly the brought the replacement parts without having to inspect my set - they knew what the problem was just from my description.
ScolgaMVP
Explorer
Options

I have the same issue.  The TV picture goes blank (back lights are visible on the screen and audio continues).  Turn the TV off for 5 minutes and it starts normally, but it goes off again over and over.  Tried a self test and a reset the TV in the Settings-General-Reset but still the same issue.  The TV is 3 days old, there is no stock available and I WANT to keep the TV and have it repaired.  I have a 5 year warranty and it looks like its going to be used.  Samsung really need to start to G.A.F about the reoccurring problems their customers have with their expensive products we all buy. Before this I had the JS9000 TV which has big burn screen problems worldwide thus the replacement TV.  This is the last Samsung TV I will buy depending on the outcome with customer support.  See this HERE  and this HERE

FoyleFlyer
Pioneer
Options
Add me to the list! My Samsung 55" Q700T (2020) QLED 8K HDR Smart TV has sound but no picture. It's still under warranty so who do I contact? Samsung or the retailer?
0 Likes
AlHants
Journeyman
Options
Hi FoyleFlyer . Mine was still under warranty and I decided to go through Samsung- it was repaired satisfactorily within a week or so. (I'd already had a replacement from Curry's as the first purchase of this model was returned within a day as it was faulty - different issue). Wish I'd asked for a refund from Curry's instead of a replacement.
FoyleFlyer
Pioneer
Options
Your guarantee should now start from the date you received the TV back repaired. Make sure you get that in writing from Samsung. Good luck with your repaired TV, hope it doesn't cause any more problems.
0 Likes
ScolgaMVP
Explorer
Options

Can I ask why?  Presuming its not the breakdowns but something new to consider?  I find when the TV is working is a great set but I have had no contact from Samsung as of yet about mine, apart from "send a video", which I have done.  I have the chance to return it.  I'm all ears 🙂

0 Likes
AlHants
Journeyman
Options
I love this particular model but to have 2 go wrong with different problems should have sent alarm bells ringing. Just worried that something else might go wrong but.... so far so good.
0 Likes
Markbean
First Poster
Options
I now have exactly the same issue The engineer called and stated a new screen is needed and its a know issue. However samsung have no screens in stock ! He has cancelled the order and contacted samsung. Bought from John Lewis in November. Not happy at all with this . 😕
0 Likes
MatthewLevo
First Poster
Options
My samsung Qled 700 t55" reached its 8 month birthday 6/08/21 black screen with sound contacted Samsung they arranged repair engineer who called me same day to tell me new screen required but unable to repair it ,Samsung later emailed stating this as well and they will be in touch to discuss are options
0 Likes
Ropper75
Pioneer
Options

They offered me the 65” model or full refund. Took the refund and got Sony Bravia XR A80J which was only £150 more and it blows the Samsung away in every aspect

0 Likes