Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen SAMSUNG QE55Q700TATXXU 55" Smart 8K HDR QLED TV

(Topic created on: 01-06-2021 12:03 PM)
AlHants
Journeyman
Options

Whilst watching my 8-month old TV last night, the screen suddenly went black and hasn't come back since. The audio is still there. It doesn't matter what input I try - even unplugged all the inputs- still no picture just audio.  Any ideas anyone?

UPDATE: Jan 2022. Why oh why did I trust Samsung? This TV model is obviously faulty and yet they persist in fobbing off with promises of repairs that last a few months before recurring.

I should have taken notice of alarm bells after the first purchase was returned to Curry's after just a few days - as it kept switching itself off. It was replaced with the same model ; this one lasted six months. In June 2021, I reported the SAME fault and it was repaired. And then - another 6 months later (just before Xmas), it goes AGAIN - no picture. They came today to repair it - and they couldn't. "It's probably the motherboard" they say.

I am done with SAMSUNG. If they think I spent £2000 on this TV and now expect me to just let it rest then they're mistaken.

208 REPLIES 208
1day tv
Apprentice
Options

I bought a TV from the store. It was working only 1hrs. I filed a complaint for samsung. Samsung said that the TV did not meet Samsung's quality requirements and gave permission to replace the TV. I contacted with shop and asked for the money back to choose something else.

CB92
Journeyman
Options
I'm gonna keep persisting with ringing them because I won't be taken for a mug by them. To me it just shows that these tv's are very temperamental. I think they are fogging people off because they are not making the screens anymore. Let's hope we all get this resolved.
CB92
Journeyman
Options
I'm glad you had yours resolved that quickly. I think it was because of the length of time you had it. After 6 months is where the trouble starts with them.
barrygiles
Apprentice
Options

How do they know it's damaged. What I suggest and it's only a suggestion. Under consumer rights in the UK it is the supplying dealers problem to either to give you a refund or a replacement. Don't let the dealer fob you off with it's the manufacturers problem. When you purchased the set your contract was with the dealer not Samsung.

barrygiles
Apprentice
Options

Contact your selling dealer and demand your money back as the goods are not fit for purpose. That is what the consumer law says in the UK. Good luck.

Ropper75
Pioneer
Options

Starting to think with this and the screen judder issue are linked and the reason Samsung no longer manufacture the screen if that is true

0 Likes
CB92
Journeyman
Options
I have a white area that has appeared in the bottom right corner of the screen. Their 'experts' have said that it indicated damage, my argument with them is that there is no damage and if there is any, it is internal, so they sold me a faulty TV in the first place.
I purchased the TV through Curry's and they told me to go through samsung. But I will be going through them aswell.
1day tv
Apprentice
Options

consumer protection. 

CB92
Journeyman
Options
This is the area in question. 20210704_202501_41010.jpg
0 Likes
Nana123
Journeyman
Options

Looks like Samsung has a serious problem with screens and don’t want to admit it. They should of done a recall, no good for their reputation.  Still waiting for a refund on mine.