Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen on 8k tv

(Topic created on: 07-01-2023 07:51 PM)
Carolfrine
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I am writing to complain about Samsung. I bought a GBP1500 8K tv only 2 years ago and during this time the Tv has broken down 3 times, the fault is that the screen turns completely black and won’t turn back on, this seems to be a very common fault with these kind of TVs and it is obvious Samsung are not doing anything about it. The first 2 times that my tv broke down i managed to get it repaired, the 1st time was still under warranty (4 months old) and the second time the warranty had just expired (15 months old) but after insisting a lot and arguing my case they repaired the tv free of charge. I’m now on the 3 time with the same Fault and I’ve been told by Samsung they can not do anything as the warranty has expired. The repair would cost around GBP700 which I obviously won’t pay for as it is clear the tv will break down again and also GBP700 is disproportionate to the amount I paid for the tv. This situation is completely unacceptable and I urge you all not to buy any Samsung product every again!

2 REPLIES 2
kamzain
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue just went out of warranty and have a black screen with flashing red standby light
0 Likes
Members_fYm0EI0
First Poster
Options

Hi - I just wanted to share this as I have been going back and forth with Samsung trying to sort my tv out which would show the logo and then just turn on and off constantly with no pictures and just sounds- they were/are useless - Eventually, after giving up on the tv I spoke to a friend who said it could be the firmware. Followed these instructions and within 1 minute it was fine again - https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-update-the-samsung-tvs-firmware-using-a...

0 Likes