Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bizarre Issue with Samsung TV (QE50Q60TAU)

(Topic created on: 29-08-2023 11:08 AM)
Tobi1999
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I hope that if you’re reading this you can help me fix my TV.

Last week I was casually playing on my Playstation, and randomly my screen froze, most of it went black/green and then it turned off and on again. I have tried to restart it, it worked fine for about 3 minutes but then the issue started happening again.

I have tried to message the technical support but I haven’t heard back from them since this issue happened. I have attached a photo and a video to better explain the issue. 

I hope that someone can find a solution to this bizarre issue.

981A00BE-18F8-4AC0-A000-9B00772CB871.jpeg

73 REPLIES 73
Members_g4yFQ1Z
First Poster
Options

£700 for this tv purchased in January 21. Same problem as listed by most here. Turns on and off itself, starts with a clear picture then distorts and restarts. The remote has no impact on controlling this. Annoyed I am off to LG

0 Likes
Pharrison17
First Poster
Options

Hi.

This fault just hit my TV last night too, conveniently just out of warranty. This thread it's clear to see it's a common fault. Was there a resolution?

0 Likes
Pharrison17
First Poster
Options

Did you get a resolution?

0 Likes
0ne
First Poster
Options

Not really. We took the TV to Samsung, where they examined it for a day or two. Then they quoted the amount of 450€ to fix it. However, we refused and bought a new TV for less than that (non-Samsung, obviously). Someone above talks about fixing this issue with new LED strips. I might try that.

0 Likes
Pharrison17
First Poster
Options

Yeah, I am being told to go to an engineer. And that they had never heard of this issue... Joke, wonder if a class action could be filed. Lol

0 Likes
GavinD
First Poster
Options

Same problem here too with the TV being purchased in January 2021. I have tweeted Samsung and they seem to care with the product being out of the 1 year warranty. List all faith in Samsung products now. For a TV that cost £620 it should last a lot longer than this. 

0 Likes
leeso2023
First Poster
Options

I'm having the exact same issues which started on Friday. I bought it back in Jan 2021 and its not even lasted 3 year.. has anyone had any luck with a repair or any other information?

0 Likes
GREGOR82
First Poster
Options

Got the same issue few weeks back, tv bought dec2020. Decided to play up with it a bit. After GPU heated with the heat gun the situation improved. At this Point once a week or two after starting it will restart 3-4 Times then starts normalny and works Perfect for a week or 2. Might be some issue with GPU looking contact with the main board. Did not bothered with mb replacement but that might be my next move. 

0 Likes
Chrabaszcz
Apprentice
Options

Tv with this issu needs led strips replace i have same issue change leds and working perfect probobly another 2 years 

0 Likes