Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC iplayer

(Topic created on: 22-05-2018 07:47 AM)
DarrenOD
First Poster
Options

When I try and watch a programme on the iplayer in the hub I get a flickering picture.

This only happens in the iplayer, all other apps work fine.

Samsung TV 6400 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hey @DarrenOD,

Can you provide the full model code and software version of your TV? You can find these details in Menu > Support > Contact Samsung. 

Have you tried resetting your Smart Hub?

0 Likes
Peauk
Student
Options

Yes, I’ve often had the same issue. It comes and goes. Guess what, I have it again now. 

My search in google, “bbc I player flicker” brought me to this page.

The app on the Samsung tv (current software version 1208) is having problems with the iPlayer app.

The app comes up fine, searching and selecting programs is all good but as soon as I start to play something, 10 seconds later the video starts to flicker. The sound is fine but the video flickers so bad that it is impossible to watch.

what is the problem?

ive tried to reinstall the app and switch back and forth to the beta version and standard version but with no fix.

Samsung, please fix and help this issue!

0 Likes
Robert_F
Apprentice
Options

Got the same problem on my UE65KS9500 after latest update...   others like ITV works fine.

Unplugging the unit for a few minutes fixed the issue.

Peauk
Student
Options
Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply regarding this. If it happens again, which I am sure it will, I will check this out and see if it fixes it.
All working now tho, fingers crossed.
LeeBoy
First Poster
Options

I am also having these issues, also on a Samsung TV, I believe the term is ghosting.  And it is by far the worst ghosting  I have ever seen, completely unwatchable.  Only on the iPlayer app tho.

But I have to say the software in this new TV is terrible.  I bought this TV as the last Samsung TV was brilliant, at every level.

Decided to make the jump to 4k and have problems with almost every app on the TV.  Amazon prime, Netflix, now TV and the iPlayer app all with their own problems.  As stated above, Im not having any of these problems on the old Samsung TV.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI@LeeBoy , Just checking that you have the latest firmware  (though you have not stated your model no) and have you tried unplugging for a minute  which can be a fix for some users.  Adjusting the picture settings may make a difference,the Auto Motion congiguration can affect ghosting. Genrerally best to keep this to a minimum.   If not solved ideas are Picture ,Smart Hub and Factory Resets, prior to contacting support.    

Some Iplayer Troubleshooting here https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/troubleshooting/tv-games-consoles/troubleshooting_tv_games

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.