Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC Iplayer not working

(Topic created on: 09-12-2019 09:42 PM)
Tiptail1
Apprentice
Options

I had a message on BBC iplayer today saying that I needed to update software in order to keep using the services. I looked at the relevant thread on the help forum. I've reset and updated the TV software but it's still not loading tv shows. Can anyone give me any pointers? I have a UE40F5300

Go to solution
94 REPLIES 94
Chuffster
Apprentice
Options

Same issue with UE32H6400AKXXU. This tv is not currently listed on your ‘Support’ page as a model for which the update process will not work, along with many other referred to on here. Could you please provide a comprehensive list of all the models affected by this iPlayer issue and a time frame as to when it will be resolved. Thank you.

0 Likes
David2JF
Apprentice
Options

I have exactly the same problem on my UE48H6700 TV, software version 2900 (the latest available).  When is further information about this widespread issue going to be posted on the Samsung web site?  It's clear from these forums that the current 'solution' being offered simply isn't working for scores of your TV models; when is Samsung going to come clean with a proper explanation of what's gone wrong and when you're going to be able to solve it?

0 Likes
Salmiak
First Poster
Options

My UE40H5500 is just 3 years old. The 2900 update was auto applied. I can load the iplayer but no shows run; just get a spinning circle follwed by an error. So when will the fix be pushed out for this TV? I am reluctant to purchase a new TV for obvious reasons. 

And yes I did all the steps of uninstalling and reinstalling etc just to check

EMPGK64
First Poster
Options

I am aware from Friday 6th December 2019, BBC iPlayer Samsung is unable to support the technical requirments to keep BBC iPlayer going.

My TV was purchased 2014 it is a LED TV UE40F6400 is this one of the devices or is there a simple fix any help appreciated.

Thanks

PK

0 Likes
john1951
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem on UE46F6500 TV . I have updated the software now version 2126 . I have reset the TV Nothing makes any difference ITV player  and More 4 player works fine . There is no problem with internet speed. Iplayer  also works fine on my PC.

0 Likes
Shocksmith
First Poster
Options

Hi @AsadM

I have a UE40H5500AK running software version 2900. There are no updates pending at the moment. Can we expect an update for this model in due course?

Thanks,

0 Likes
PeterPan99
Journeyman
Options

I have had the same problem since yesterday with a UE32H5500AK.  (bought in 2014)

It says that the TV needs an update, in order for iPlayer to work, but then says that it is already up to date (Version 2900)

I tried updating all apps.  Some did update, but not iPlayer, which shows its last update as Oct 2018.

Spent over half an hour getting hold of Samsung Support.  They tried to help, but clearly did not really know what to do.  They talked me through some sort of reset, which did not help, but meant that I had to re-register with ITV Hub, All 4 and Netflix (a real pain) in order to use them.

Finally, they suggested that I leave it and try again tomorrow, by when it might be fixed!  

Do you have any more definite news on when a fix wil be available, please?

0 Likes
redbullman
First Poster
Options

@Chuffster wrote:

Same issue with UE32H6400AKXXU. This tv is not currently listed on your ‘Support’ page as a model for which the update process will not work, along with many other referred to on here. Could you please provide a comprehensive list of all the models affected by this iPlayer issue and a time frame as to when it will be resolved. Thank you.

Yep my TV is almost same model as yours (6200).  Not listed on Samsung page. Worked fine until 6 December.  The TV did receive a Samsung update at the end of November, but now doesn't work on iPlayer.  Samsung/BBC sort this mess out asap before Christmas!!!!

0 Likes
Wenders22
Student
Options

I too have this model and exactly the same problem. I have phoned Samsung three times and waited 40 minutes each time and still not spoken with anyone. Their lines are inundated with people having the same problem. 

0 Likes
Wenders22
Student
Options

Tried ringing support after 3 times trying to get through and waiting 40 minutes each time,  I've given up. Let's hope they get their updates sorted out soon.  Least I know I'm not the only one having issues. 

0 Likes