Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC Iplayer not working

(Topic created on: 09-12-2019 09:42 PM)
Tiptail1
Apprentice
Options

I had a message on BBC iplayer today saying that I needed to update software in order to keep using the services. I looked at the relevant thread on the help forum. I've reset and updated the TV software but it's still not loading tv shows. Can anyone give me any pointers? I have a UE40F5300

Go to solution
94 REPLIES 94
loops
First Poster
Options

So, the current update no. is 1280

Really hope you can help. We have been eithout iplayer since the end of last year and nobody has been able to give us any advice that actually works!

0 Likes
DaveB6565
First Poster
Options

Hi, Sorry I cant directly help as I was unable to fix the problem myself. I have an 8000 series TV with an evolution kit upgrade. This seems to have eluded the technos at Samsung. They have twice sent me USB sticks with supposedly the correct software. On both sticks the software 'image' directory is not in the root directory so is not detected as being available. However  when a suitable stick is used, it says ' no valid files found'. This is because when an evolution kit is installed, there are two sets of software now running (tv and kit) both of which have a different alphanumeric identity from the base software. Hence not found. I have been unsucessful to get Samsung to recognise this and they have tried on a number of ocassions remotely to install the software. I know its rather defeatest, but having tried for a few months have now got an Apple TV with functioning Iplayer installed. For me the real bonus was to get a working Eurosport player which stopped working on the TV some whie ago with Eurosport deciding not to support an upgrade to the APP.

So if you have not got the issue i have, the only recourse is to download the recommended software, ensuring the 'image' directory is in the root, and plug in to TV and it should detect it and upgrade it. Regards Dave

0 Likes
loops
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your reply. I did say just earlier today - shall we just get another telly?! Apparently - NO!  I dont know if its the same porblem as yours,  but It wont let me touch its software!  Like you , have had a load of different techies unable to solve it, after being convinced they could. Really frustrating. Oh well, like I said thank you....and enjoy your new telly! X

0 Likes
DaveB6565
First Poster
Options

Hi Loops

Do you have an evolution kit fitted, because that is the problem i have?

The Apple TV is a streaming box, so still have the Samsung TV as apart from this has done us proud. We bought it back in 2012 for the Olympics being able to watch the 3D transmissions. But that's another era...

Do make sure the 'image' folder you are trying to load from is in the root of the USB stick.

Dave

0 Likes
Chiltern
First Poster
Options

I have model TX-L24X6B.   Will the same solution work for this model, please?

0 Likes