Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC iplayer app disappeared

(Topic created on: 30-01-2021 01:15 PM)
Lace1
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung UE50H6400AK smart TVs and following a recent software update bbc iplayer app and others have gone. Support tells me there is yet again a compatibility issue with bbc iplayer app. All resets etc do not resolve the issue. Other apps have also gone My5,ITV hub,4,Now tv etc. The tv is 6.5 years old! Is that it end of life for my lovely TV??

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
SirStottalot
Pathfinder
Options
The confusing bit about it all is that you said it has just had a software update. Which would be pointless process if something is on its way out.
0 Likes
Lace1
Apprentice
Options

No joy on this after all resets etc. Samsung said it may be due to my tv being so old-6.5 yes! Absolutely ridiculous. They need to get this sorted and at least admit on their website THEY have created this issue by a poorly designed update. Could be the last Samsung I ever buy! Really unhappy with appalling customer service

0 Likes
idc66
First Poster
Options

This thread helped me fix the same problem on my ue40f https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/bbc-iplayer-itv-hub-all4-my5-disappeared-from-smart-hub/td-p/...   There is a hidden setting for country which needs a workaround (reset the Smart Hub by going to Menu > Smart Hub > Reset Smart Hub. Open the Smart Hub to run the setup. While viewing the terms and conditions page of the Smart Hub, press the following buttons on the remote control: Fast Forward, 2, 8, 9, Rewind (try it a couple of times if it doesn't work immediately) When the country selection window appears, select 'United Kingdom' then go through the setup. Once the setup is complete, all the UK catch up applications should reappear).  Absolutely crazy that they have created this bug and not fixed it

Lace1
Apprentice
Options

Managed to sort thanks to idc66.Thankyou