Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad reception on some channels only on Samsung TV

(Topic created on: 07-10-2022 06:38 AM)
fluentz
Student
Options

Hi all,

Have a Samsung TV UE55MU7070. In the UK and just plugged into Freeview. Only problem is some channels have bad reception and pixilated pictures. The signal strength is 100% on these channels and 0% signal quality.

I know the aerial/cable are not at fault as I tried a different TV with no issues.

Tried resetting, unplugging, retuning and a number of different suggestions found on the Internet to no avail.

Any suggestions? 

4 REPLIES 4
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you reied getting a signal booster for your ariel? This should give you better signal quality?

It must be a booster for your main ariel on your roof not the diclnky ones for indoor

I get pixelated picture when there is a storm and 0% signal quality, I got a signal booster from Argos and that all cleared up. Still get some pixelating when a get heavy steom but that's very rare
0 Likes
fluentz
Student
Options

We haven't tried that yet, mostly because we have another TV that we tried on the same aerial and it works fine. We only started having a problem when we plugged the Samsung in.

Weirdly sometimes it looses reception on the only channels we can get (BBC channels) but if I flick the channel up and down one it fixes it 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@fluentz: For the affected channels, please try heading to Home > Settings > Broadcasting > Expert Settings > Manual Tuning, and follow the on screen prompts. If the issue persists, please head to Settings > Support > Device Care > Self Diagnosis > Signal Information. Here you can use the signal strength information to adjust the antenna for increased signal strength and improved HD channel reception.

0 Likes
hanselsin
First Poster
Options

I exactly hit the same problem - we got everything signal level above 60%~90%+ on FreeSAT. Strangely it is only the NHK World, Arirang Korean TV that whenever I set dual channels SAT it cause pixelation and even interrupts in broadcast. All other channels like BBC HD (all), ITV HD (all) they are perfectly ok with TV and recording (in background thru the use of dual channels).

On the other hand, as long as I unplug the second SAT cable, the pixelation on NHK World / Arirang TV is immediately gone and very good broadcasting resumed. Strangely they are of Astra 2G 11225 MHz Vertical so I wonder if there is anything to do with this particular frequency...

p.s. I use quattro LNB (Inverto high-gain low-noise) along with satellite 8x switcher which I use two of them to feed the Samsung TV, and another one to feed a Philips TV (with absolute no issue).

0 Likes