Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATMOS Center channel coming from right speaker

(Topic created on: 04-03-2021 10:26 PM)
TokyoFerret
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a Samsung Q80T television and I am experiencing problems playing ATMOS content on both the Amazon video and the Netflix native applications.

Essentially when Atmos is enabled, all of the sounds that you would expect to be directed to the centre speaker are being sent to the right speaker. This is extremely distracting, and makes things almost unwatchable.

My AVR is the Denon X3500H. I have reset both the TV and the AVR and neither seems to be set up incorrectly. However nothing that I can do seems to be able to resolve this problem.

Can anyone advise me as to what I can do to troubleshoot this issue? Has anyone else experienced the same problem, or have the same setup and no issues?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
adamkovacs
Student
Options

Hi,

I have the exact same issue with my Samsung Q80T TV. (I have Onkyo RZ 830 AVR)

Additionally my left rear speak also don't have sound.

Did you get any solutions? Please reply if you have any.

Thanks.

adamkovacs
Student
Options

Hello,

I wanted to let you know that I have the solution!

I contacted the Samsung customer service, and they could fix my problem with updating my HDMI ports via remote control.

So I advise you to contact them, and hopefully, they fix your TV as well.

TokyoFerret
Apprentice
Options

I had raised a ticket and Samsung offered to have a remote session. So maybe they can fix this for me.  I will keep the forum posted. 

0 Likes
TokyoFerret
Apprentice
Options

I just got off the call with Samsung. We checked passthrough ATMOS from HDMI 4 to eARC, which works fine, and Netflix/Prime ATMOS which doesn't (sending all center channel sound to the right hand speaker unless eARC is disabled).

They told me that this TV cannot encode ATMOS, so I have no idea what to do now.

0 Likes