Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Amazon Fire Stick

(Topic created on: 09-03-2017 09:43 AM)
Robtait
First Poster
Options

Cannot get Amazon Firestick to work properly on my new 49inch Samsung model Ue49k5500. Are there issues with this equipment?

Go to solution
79 REPLIES 79
Koz
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem

0 Likes
Stewart11
First Poster
Options

connot get firestick to work properly on my samsong 7series tv says marginal signal When i connect different tv works fine

0 Likes
Stewart11
First Poster
Options

states signal marginal different tv works fine

0 Likes
FarmerBob
First Poster
Options

There has been problems using Amazon Fire Sticks for ages on Samsung TV's. And each manufacturer blames the other. But it is a Samsung thing. Since the sticks work on anyother TV's including our newer Q3 2015 39" Samsung TV with no issues. Just some and older TVs. Got it for that TV since Samsung is pulling apps off the TV's. Not Cool. Haven't tried on my 2016 KS8000 yet.

My neighbor had one and it just wouldn't work on her 2013 Samsung 55" TV. So she got rid of the TV/Gave it to me. I bought Grandma a 4K Fire Stick on sale. After buying her a new 4K TV, but it was junk. Last night I thought I would try the 4KFS on that Samsung TV. Well on input 2, all kinds of noise and flashing screens. Input 3, the screen would flash and had big bars across it when it flashed and flickered. Since it is now my TV and I was going to surprised Grandma with the new Star Wars on Vudu, which is not on the 4KFS and WHY?!, I wanted this to work and thought about trouble shooting in a bit of different manner. I pulled the settings off of auto and set them to:

1080p (strict)

10Bit Color (I think this is the big one)

and really couldn't do much to "turn off" HDR. So that's whatever . . .

Well it worked. I did a ton of surfing apps and playing things to see if that would mess up the connection. That only happened when I turned off the TV. This was all while I had the TV on. Turned it off and left it. So when I turned it back on I got all that funkiness. First I pulled the Stick and put it back in. Nope. Then I left the stick in and pull the power to it, waited a couple seconds and that seemed to fix it for that duration of that viewing session.

Once up and running the picture is phenominal on a 2013 1080p TV. Glad I didn't figure it out for my neighbor. But she wanted a newer larger TV that had all the widgets in it anyway and said that if I didn't take it she was going to put it out on the sidewalk. "Oh Heck NO!!"

But I did find a "fix" that gets us use for the duration of the time we want to use it. But once the TV is turned off, then back on, the Stick needs to be Power Cycled with the TV on. We'll see tonight . . .

0 Likes
Laurel
Student
Options

I have done all of the suggested things and I am still not getting a signal. PLEASE HELP I have a Series 6

FarmerBob
First Poster
Options

There's one more thing I have done since my last post. That was since the 4KFS worked on both Samsung TVs, I needed it to work on both at the same time. I went through this with one of our D!SH Hopper3s. We have two. I worked with Monoprice.com and basically tried every splitter that they had and none worked. Not even the really expensive ones. So I don't know how I got the idea, but I think it was I thought it was the EDID or the lack of power to supply two TVs that has 35 foot Cabernet Cables. So I took the two cheapies of the splitters that they told me to keep and "Daisy Chained" them with only one TV coming off each splitter and every thing works great. Except for one TV going blank for a couple of seconds after turning on the other.

So enter the Fire Stick which I needed to do the same thing with. But this time I bought a splitter from Amazon just to try. "IT WORKED!!" beautifully and perfectly right off the top. AND there is no dinking around with the 4KFS on the one set that flickered anymore. It just works. The splitter has a switch that either uses TV #1 EDID or its own that the splitter creates. I have it set to use its own. But haven't reset the Fire Stick to its default 4K settings since it's working and the TVs are 2K.

So what I am thinking, from my own experience and not really knowing where or of all the things that your TV is at, trying a splitter to "spoof" the signal so that the TV thinks it's getting a normal nothing fancy signal. Other than that I'd have to "touch" your TV and personally see what's set how and what does what when.

The Splitter I bought can be found here:

OREI UltraHD 4K @ 60 Hz 1 x 2 HDMI Splitter 1 in 2 Out 2 Port 4:4:4 8-bit - HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2, 18 G...

I'm going to get another of these to replace the gerry rigged two I have running now.

I'm sorry that you are having this problem. But as I said it's been a problem for a long time and if it mattered to Samsung, they'd have fixed it long ago. Especially since they are pulling Apps off of the older TVs that are still working great . . . even better once you put a Fire Stick or Apple TV on them.

0 Likes
peedoff
First Poster
Options

Im having the same issues with my ue50ru7470uxxu not reconising my 4k firestick at least 3 times a week. It works fine in every other tv in the house but always the same issue with this tv. Every bit of tech from tvs,sounbars,phones in my house is samsung but im getting really at the end of my rope with this issue. samsung clearly dont care about resolving it to the point my tv is going to have an accident down the stairs and ill buy from another supplier for everything in the future.

0 Likes
Laurel
Student
Options

Have you tried to contact samsung support? How long have you had the TV? I was able to finally get a hold of someone and they are issuing an exchange from the place TV was purchased due to a service tech not availble to come fix the issues.

0 Likes
Stalex1956
First Poster
Options

Hello 

First time on this I am trying to help my partner who is up the wall with her tv ...

She tried to put new firestick in to hdmi2 port the message keeps coming up check connections and source etc after that we are lost I can't go in because of corona can anyone help me please 

0 Likes
Stalex1956
First Poster
Options
Hi
Did you resolve your problem with fire stick am having same problem
0 Likes