Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

32” C6530 HD LED TV does not connect to internet via cat 5 cable

(Topic created on: 14-03-2023 09:35 AM)
LornaF
Apprentice
Options

The TV works fine however although the Network Test reports success for all 4 tests and the router software can see the TV, the TV does not have access to the Internet.  I have contacted both the router company support (Linksys) and the service provider (Gigaclear), neither can see anything wrong.     Both the cable and the port used on the router work fine for another device on the network.

I have already tried:

Upgraded the TV to the latest firmware
Turned everything off and on again
Tried a different cable

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LornaF
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the suggestion, the TV doesn't have wifi capabilities to be able to connect to a phone.  Good idea though.  🙂

I found a way around it in the end by connecting (HDMI) to a DVD player.   The DVD player has wired ethernet socket and - despite the player being even older than the TV - I was able to use the DVD player's internet app software to stream via BBC Iplayer, Netflix, Youtube etc.

Not a fix to the problem but a satisfactory work around.  🙂

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
LornaF
Apprentice
Options

I've now fixed the network connection by manually entering the network settings.    The new problem is Internet@TV doesn't work.   Symptoms are:

Launch Internet@TV from the Content button

The app screen appears but has a message splashed across it

The only option from here is to click the Internet option on screen, this goes to the Internet@TV splash screen but no further.   Only option is to Return back to previous screen.

Am I wasting my time trying to get this to work?

0 Likes
Elvis67
Explorer
Options

I don't know if this will help. Try using your mobile phone as a wifi hotspot.

Turn on wifi hotspot on your phone. Unplug the network cable from the back of the TV and then search on your TV for your phone and connect to the internet that way.

I'm saying this as my dad's LG TV did not have youtube installed. It needed to be downloaded from the LG Store. I downloaded it which proved the TV had access to the internet but when I tried to install youtube I kept on getting a message saying to connect to the internet even though it downloaded.

I connected the TV through my phone and it installed without a problem. I then disconnected the TV from my phone and plugged the network cable back in and everything worked fine after that. For some reason his TV didn't want to do it through his router.

0 Likes
Solution
LornaF
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the suggestion, the TV doesn't have wifi capabilities to be able to connect to a phone.  Good idea though.  🙂

I found a way around it in the end by connecting (HDMI) to a DVD player.   The DVD player has wired ethernet socket and - despite the player being even older than the TV - I was able to use the DVD player's internet app software to stream via BBC Iplayer, Netflix, Youtube etc.

Not a fix to the problem but a satisfactory work around.  🙂

0 Likes