Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 UHD Evolution Kit - SEK-4500

(Topic created on: 08-10-2018 06:00 PM)
rebelmc
First Poster
Options

Hi - can anybody confirm when this upgrade to my One Connect box will be available in the UK? I have a UE48js9000 which i bought in 2015, which Samsung sold on the basis of its upgradeability - well it's now been three years with no upgrades offered!

I understand that the SEK-4500 will be what i am looking for but i can't see anywhere i can buy it.

43 REPLIES 43
claus4
Explorer
Options

I install ed the 4500 finally and i lost my 3D Tv with it after install and updates my Js9000 is worth only Scrap, never again will i buy anything what bears the name Samsung ,so much for evolution kits every year, , i will get reid of 3 samsung tv s in my house the 65 inch Js 9000 plus a 55 inch Hu 8500, plus my Samsung 3D 4K player , all just *****e *****, evolution every year new , future proof on my backside, Samsung can stuff ther *****e, i used to like it but now i will just save for a new Panasonic or a german made one at least the quality, Samsung *****e *****

Nick47
First Poster
Options

Hear hear - I have had about 10 Samsung TVs and this has happened to mine too.  Been on the phone to the Helpdesk and they have no clue - they fobbed me off to a website that doesn't sell them.   You get the real truth on here that Samsung created something and walked away from it - I now have a 65inch TV that is useless as my one connect box has stopped working and I can't get another!!!

0 Likes
Rickx1
Student
Options

I bought my 8500 with the understanding it was upgadable I was taking to Samsung tec for over a hour,  to get an understanding I wasn't to impressed. After an hour they said I will need the SEK 3500. But the SEK 4500 is available in the states for $299 through Samsung online  

Is it not available in the UK and how much?  

I'm so upset that having bought my TV at a Premium price I was lead to believe that it would be upgradable the firmware that it sits on is old &  prehistoric and hasn't been upgraded for years

Please help 

Richard

hawk9
First Poster
Options

i have ue65js9000. I have the same problem like everybody else. never samsung tv again. sony is an excellent choice.

0 Likes