Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

WiFi connected but no internet

(Topic created on: 03-09-2020 10:57 AM)
Ninko
Journeyman
Options

Hi,
I recently bought a Tab S6 for my partner but am having a problem with the WiFi.
It will be connected fine then randomly out of the blue the internet will stop working and the WiFi symbol will have an exclamation mark next to it.
The only way to fix it is to disconnect and reconnect WiFi - untill it happens again.
All my other devices connect to the same WiFi network fine without any problems.
Any help please?

Thanks

79 REPLIES 79
Nanees
First Poster
Options

I've had the same problem after 3 weeks purchasing samsung M31.. I've tried everything no use. I've reset my router it has worked fine for 10 days then it happened again. Like everyone has described it just happens out of the blue and I've Huawei tablet which works fine on the same network. Any suggestions please?

Solution
JavierDP
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem and I figure it out that the tablet was outdated. I select "Automatic date and time" in General Management > Date and time and the problem was fixed.

Irfan_Bajwa
First Poster
Options

Correct date & time of the device/ also correct time region. 

robob3ar
Student
Options

got the same issue with galaxy tab s7+ - only connect to net on iphone hotspot, but non of the 3 routers - is it the security settings for wifi maybe?

0 Likes
smjazayeri
Apprentice
Options

Hello.

Today I bought unfortunately due to a mistake a Samsung A51. It connects to Internet but several applications are not refreshed on wifi network while all devices work very well like a charm. My wife has a Samsung S10+ and she has the same issue. For example the applications like Instagram, PayPal, my bank app, and many others are not refreshed but the other applications are. It seems that the Samsung devices choose to which applications connect!

My wife has this problem for one year using her S10+ but no solution from Samsung!!!!!!!!!!

Waste of time and money! Samsung devices are only for cheating people and nothing more!

Hope Samsung decrease its selling devices by which several people could buy better devices than Samsung.

For your information, I bought both devices in France.

Klopeh
Explorer
Options

Has anyone find a solution ? This has happen to me since 2018, Samsung A6+. "Connected without Internet" 

I think this is a hardware error.

0 Likes
tigs-
First Poster
Options

We were having the same issue with our off and on for the past 6 months.  Check your time settings, ours was off by 4 hours (not set to automatic).  Once I flipped it, *kablamo* the internet popped in right away.   Hopefully this helps at least one person!

raktim24
First Poster
Options

hi there I am also facing the same issue on my Samsung galaxy tab s 7+. I am not sure but you can try disabling the auto reconnect for the wifi router. Looks like the device tries to reconnect whenever there is no net activity (I assumed this based on the fact that it constantly scans even after connecting). So far no issues , let me know if it works for you.

0 Likes
awesome141
Apprentice
Options

It sounds like this problem occurs with poor connections because of low signals, switching access points that use:

1. A different band

2. A different protocol

3. Different channels

4. Incompatible steering configurations

5. Overlapping signals-

6. Interference from nearby waps

7. Differences in packet handling configuration

Certain wifi devices do not make all necessary adjustments when switching to different access points on the fly. If the wifi connects solidly from a certain physical area, but drops when the device is moving, sometimes the only inexpensive solution is to reconnect.

Two access points from different manufacturers, sharing only a common internet connection, have no means to communicate and coordinate with each other.

And home networking equipment is not designed to provide multi-point systems by adding access points to a the same switch or router.

For wider range, wifi extenders are used with a single access point. But devices like desktop PCs have no problem, because they're stationary.

0 Likes
MOcasio
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem with my Samsung Tab A

The tablet will connect to my network but I had not internet.

I fixed the problem by updating the time and date in my tablet.

0 Likes