Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Wi-Fi 6E Doesn't Work on Tab S8 Ultra

(Topic created on: 03-08-2022 10:31 PM)
markbyrn
Student
Options

The Wi-Fi 6E (6GHZ) connection fails 100% of the time on my Tab S8 Ultra.  While I can make a successful initial connection to the Wi-Fi 6E (6GHZ) access point, the connection fails within seconds and an exclamation point indicating no internet access eventually shows up. Attempting to reset network settings does not work. The only workaround is to connect a WiFi6 (5GHZ) connection to the same router and it works fine. My S22 Ultra works just fine with the Wi-Fi 6E (6GHZ) connection on the same router. It’s just this Tab S8 does not work.   I'm curious if any other Tab S8 Ulta users have the issue assuming they have a Wi-Fi 6E connection to connect to.  To add a bit more, I tried a factory reset and the connection failed even when setting up after the reset.  I also checked the router for any blocks.  

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
markbyrn
Student
Options

It's fixed! It was the router but it wasn't a setting.  I happen to take my Tab S8 to another room farthest away from the router and suddenly I had a working Wi-Fi 6E connection. So it seems the signal strength was too great and reducing the transmit power of the router by 50% solved the problem regardless of where the Tab was. Presumably, the smaller S22 wasn't affected because its antenna is much smaller.  So solved and hope it helps others who might experience the issue in the future.  

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
markbyrn
Student
Options

It's fixed! It was the router but it wasn't a setting.  I happen to take my Tab S8 to another room farthest away from the router and suddenly I had a working Wi-Fi 6E connection. So it seems the signal strength was too great and reducing the transmit power of the router by 50% solved the problem regardless of where the Tab was. Presumably, the smaller S22 wasn't affected because its antenna is much smaller.  So solved and hope it helps others who might experience the issue in the future.  

0 Likes
Jameswalter
Journeyman
Options

If you have recently managed to link to the Wi-Fi network and Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 having trouble linking with a Wi-Fi network, then forgetting the network will be an effective solution.

Navigate to the Settings.
Choose Connections.
Tap Wi-Fi > Settings Icon present just next to the Wi-Fi network you are having to connect.
Choose to Forget.

This will help.

0 Likes
Members_PjSJ4Cu
First Poster
Options

Hi!

I have ZFold 3 5G, Galaxy Book 3 360 and one Tab S8 Ultra.

I am having the exactly same problem you had just with the tablet.

I may try to reduce transmition power to see, however I don't want to lose speed.

My 6E router is TP LINK ARCHER AXE75

0 Likes
DElloma
First Poster
Options
It's a channel issue.. mostly 155. Won't find in some routers..
0 Likes