Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

What's the difference between the Galaxy S6 tab and the Galaxy S6 tab LTE (or is it Galaxy S6 tab Lite)?

(Topic created on: 06-12-2020 02:58 PM)
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

I'm interested in purchasing a Galaxy S6 tablet with either 128GB or 256GB storage but am being confused at the different versions of this tablet sellers have on offer. In particular there seems to be a model described simply as Samsung Galaxy S6 tablet and another model usually described as Samsung Galaxy S6 LTE tablet. Just to further confuse the issue there are some sellers who describe there being also a model they call Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite tablet. Are the LTE  and Lite  the same model or different models - I wish sellers would agree? Nowhere can I find a straightforward explanation of what the difference is between all these. To add to the confusion between sellers, sometimes the LTE  / Lite  are shown as significantly more expensive than the straight  Samsung Galaxy S6 tablet yet sometimes the prices are the other way around.

Can someone please tell me what are the differences between all these similarly names tablets in terms of features from a users point of view?

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
hi the standard S6 is wifi only the LTE version is LTE meaning network compatible in easy words you can put a sim card in it
0 Likes
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
LTE is better for the business customer
0 Likes
Hudz
Voyager
Options
👆 Spoken the truth he has!
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

OK, so here is an example of Amazon's offer:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Wi-Fi-10-5-Inch-Tablet/dp/B07W7TQSHM/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&key...

• The first thing I noticed is that the headline mentions: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6, and further down it gives options of LTE or Wifi. Yet on other Galaxy 6 tab pages Amazon refers to a Lite option. Back to my original question: are the LTE and Lite the exact same model and, if so, why do sellers keep changing the name from one to the other?
  • In the world of products that I am familiar with, when a product has a "standard" and "lite" version it is usual for the "lite" version to have fewer facilities (and be cheaper) than the "standard". But your answer seems to contradict this: you are suggesting the Galaxy lite offers more facilities, viz a sim card which the standard apparently doesn't have. This is quite different from most other product offerings where lite offer less. Yet using my Amazon example, the one with the extra facilities (Lite) is actually the same price offer as the other and many other sellers seem to charge less for the Lite. So is there anything lacking in the facilities of the Lite as against the Wifi?
0 Likes
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

I am interested in the different facilities offered to me as a potential user of the product that differentiates the different models.  Whether I am a personal customer, business customer, government customer is of no relevance at all to my question. Please tell me what different user facility, or facilities,  (regardless of what type of customer I might be) the LTE/Lite offers me as a user compared to the non LTE/Lite version of the Galaxy S6 tablet?

0 Likes
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

Who is "he"?

0 Likes
Clive7409
Voyager
Options
S6 Tablet LTE & allows you to use a SIM to connect to a mobile network.

This is the same for the S6 Lite LTE also.

The S6 Tablet WiFi only has capability to join a WiFi network or a mobile phone hotspot.

This again is them similar for the S6 Lite WiFi model.

Hence these are 4 different models with the Litr based models normally being cheaper as the displays, CPU & RAM (not storage space for user date) are normally lower spec to the standard S6 models.

0 Likes
Clive7409
Voyager
Options
Have a look at https://www.samsung.com/uk/tablets/galaxy-tab-s/ which allows you to compare the models as this will help I hope
0 Likes
Clive7409
Voyager
Options
Quick comparison of the S6 & S6 Lite WiFi versions

Screenshot_20201206-184004_Chrome_10231.jpg

0 Likes