Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Very intermittent crack from MP3 files on blutooth.

(Topic created on: 02-03-2024 04:00 PM)
GarryB
Journeyman
Options

My wife and I are a newish duo performing for small groups. We have just moved into the digital world. We now use a new Samsung Galaxy A8 tablet, the only tasks the tablet is used for is to play mp3 backing tracks from a app called Backing track studio, and to control the levels on our PA system an Electrovoice Evolve 50M that has a digital mixer. The control and playback is via blutooth. It works very well except every now and then, and not every day (as we practice every weekday)  quite at ramdom and only once we get a loud crack  out of the PA system,  very much like a starting pistol being discharged. It has never happened whilst out on a gig. I have no idea where to start looking for a solution to this issue, so i am posting to both Samsung and Electrovoice community.  To me it sounds possibly like a static discharge. I have checked all mains outlets and all connecting audio leads, they are all tour grade cables with pro connectors. The signal path is 2 x digital wireless radio mics and guitar through a TC Helicon peddle into the Electrovoice pa system. The Samsung A8 is used with internal battery not psu. Mains distribution to all equipment has surge protection.                If any one has any idea.s / suggestions it would be much appreciated.  

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hello @GarryB have read your post a few times and the obvious connection stuff you have tried.

A crack sound usually related to bandwidth, overload or connections which you have tried.

Might be worth trying something instead of the A8, maybe a mobile to narrow down the culprit, but as you mention just now and then.

Interesting post though.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
GarryB
Journeyman
Options

Good afternoon Obsydian.

In conservatory so volume not loud. Only basic mp3 files so not bandwidth. All conectors are Neutrik professional XLR and Jack and have been cleaned, only few months old. I do have program on my phone so may try that also may try wired rather than blutooth for audio. I do need to eliminate one of the items so I can move forward with this issue. Any suggestion no mater how unusual I am prepared to try. When this crack sounds it is like a starting pistol going off and dosen't half make you jump. 

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I think trying wired with the A8 and then Bluetooth on your other device, as that can rule out Bluetooth and the device.

If still no success then it is something else in the chain.

One thought is, is it the same mp3 track and what quality is that file 96, 320k or VBR.

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
GarryB
Journeyman
Options

Hello again. All tracks are mp3 320kb and it does not always happen on  the same track, just had a practice this morning and decided to run an extention mains lead to a different socket in the dinning room. Have a 5 mtr audio cable to try next instead of bluetooth. I will get to the bottom of this at some point. Regards Garry

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks @GarryB please update the post, be good to know, but these situations usually mean allot of patience and a process of elimination, that sometimes ends with you pulling your hair out 🤣 as in you may never figure it out.

0 Likes
Solution
GarryB
Journeyman
Options

Well still happening so not power connection. Have put all equipment back together after a gig but all off the ground to elliminate any possibility of static discharge from carpet. Just clutching at straws.

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Fingers crossed 🤞

0 Likes
GarryB
Journeyman
Options

To all. After 4 1hr practice sessions with TC Helicon voice live (Mic effects peddle) off the ground by about 22cm the very loud intermittens crack has not reapeared, so I am assuming it may have been a static discharge through to mic effect peddle sitting on the carpet in conservatory. Not sure the quality of the carpet may contain a lot of nylon. If it isnt this then will post again.

Best regards Garry

0 Likes