bruunduun
Navigator
Options

Why is this?
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
AndrewL
Options

@bruunduun: Try connecting your phone to your tablet via Bluetooth by heading to Settings > Connections > Bluetooth > On > Enable Bluetooth on your phone via the same steps > Select the phone from the list of available devices on your tablet > Enter a PIN if prompted. 

Now, head back to the Samsung Notes app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog in the top right of the pop up window, and check to see if the option is greyed out. If it isn't, open a note and look for a symbol in the top right that looks like a phone with an arrow pointing to the left. Tap on this symbol, and this should allow the toolbar from your tablet to be shown on your phone. Let me know how you get on. 

bruunduun
Navigator
Options
This does not work

Tab s6 with Note 10+
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I found that this option worked with certain phone and tablet combinations, for me I'm using the Tab S8 Ultra and I could connect my S21 Ultra but not my S22 Ultra.
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Yes, shame it's restricted to a couple of phones. It would actually sell more tablets if the feature was universal to all Android phones as a major feature that you don't get from other brands.
0 Likes
Solution
DiggsMcGee
First Poster
Options

While this option seems to only be available on newer devices, the kicker is it only works in the tablet is NOT in dark mode. I have a Tab S8+ and an S22 Ultra. (I also have all updates, signed in to Samsung Account, and devices connected via Bluetooth - although they don't have to be actively connected for this to work)

Hope this helps.

bruunduun
Navigator
Options
Thank you so much for commenting.
I turned off dark mode on my tablet and the option was available and I was able to use my phone as a tool bar.
The fact that this is what stops it makes no sense.
victoroaktree
First Poster
Options

Yeah, for some reason the feature doesn't work in Dark more for Tab S8 and S22 Ultra. I hope Samsung will fix that in One UI 5.0. 

As a workaround, I created a Bixby routine on both devices to turn off Dark mode whenever I open Samsung Notes reversing the action when I close it. 

Members_QnvbI5N
First Poster
Options

I have noticed that this feature is available when editing a single note, but if you have multiple instances of samsung notes open, the "use phone as toolbar" icon disappears.

My setup: S22 Ultra phone & S7+ tablet.
Bluetooth enabled on both devices (but not "connected" to each other)
WiFi on or off makes no difference.
I haven't tried dark mode.

HTH

0 Likes
UDSRVIT
First Poster
Options

Hello! I have the exact same devices. I have no dark mode enabled, Bluetooth connected to each other, both devices on same wifi network, use phone as toolbar is toggled on. I'm still not seeing the phone icon to utilize the toolbar on my cell phone.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes