Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Unable to unlock Tab A

(Topic created on: 07-09-2020 01:17 AM)
Baizo
First Poster
Options
Tablets

trying to open and keep getting message to wait 30 seconds any ideas please can not get past this.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Baizo
First Poster
Options
Tablets

No, it just would not open kept giving message wait 30 seconds try again....however, I have since worked out how to open so thank you for your assistance anyway I do appreciate it.

Kind Regards

Baizo

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Tablets

Have you forgotten your pass code @Baizo  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help.

Solution
Baizo
First Poster
Options
Tablets

No, it just would not open kept giving message wait 30 seconds try again....however, I have since worked out how to open so thank you for your assistance anyway I do appreciate it.

Kind Regards

Baizo

0 Likes
Lastboyscout
Navigator
Options
Tablets
If you go to "find my phone" with your Samsung account login, you should be able to unlock from there .
0 Likes
BrendanD1132
First Poster
Options
Tablets

It is a well known bug in this device. I am a Customer Service Employee in The Netherlands. Please try out the soft reset/force reboot with the button combination Volume Down and Power simultaniously. This should trigger the tablet to reboot itself and grant you access to the device. Hopefully a software update will fix this problem as i get alot of calls for this.

Galaxy26
First Poster
Options
Tablets

Soft reset didn't work, and unfortunately I hadn't set up Find My Phone to automatically unlock.  Do you have any other suggestions?

0 Likes
BrendanD1132
First Poster
Options
Tablets

Hii @Galaxy26 This is the only suggestion i currently have for the Tab A. If this doesn't work, try to make a backup of the device through SmartSwitch on a computer. If this doensn't work or if this is unavailable i advice to bring the tablet to a Service Location for my co-workers to take a look. Hopefully the tablet will reboot itself in order for you to enter the code. I am marking this as a problem because this needs to get fixed soon.

0 Likes
SEZLEZ
First Poster
Options
Tablets
how did you open it please
0 Likes
Members_KnZz0fS
First Poster
Options
Tablets

💕😘 Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!

DGLSDXN
First Poster
Options
Tablets

Soft reset worked. First time for this failure. Was extremely concerning. Thanks for the tip. Appreciate that!