Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablet won't connect to home WiFi

(Topic created on: 13-09-2020 01:02 AM)
UVG
Journeyman
Options
Hello, I hope someone can help me. My husband and I both have the Samsung Galaxy S6 sm-t860 WiFi tablet. Both tablets have the same problem. They cannot connect to our home wifi, and come up with an authentication error. Our WiFi is working for all our other devices, and our tablets will connect to my Android phone via the hotspot. Both devices were fine until they did the most recent update. Has anyone else had the same problem, and is there a solution?
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
NoteGuyIreland
Voyager
Options
Maybe try first and reset the network connections in settings and hopefully that will fix it.
0 Likes
UVG
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for your reply. I reset the network settings, and got the tablet to forget the network, so I could re-add it, and put the password back in. None of these worked, unfortunately.
T4ll1f3r
First Poster
Options
Are you trying to connect to a 5MHz or 2.4MHz network? Some devices aren't compatible with 5MHz.
0 Likes
UVG
Journeyman
Options
5MHz, but it has always worked on that setting.
0 Likes
UVG
Journeyman
Options
We think it's something to do with the latest update, as both tablets were fine before those updates were done.
0 Likes
UVG
Journeyman
Options
I rebooted the router this morning and all is well now.
UVG
Journeyman
Options
Hi, the wifi problem is back. If I reset the wifi router, the tablets won't reconnect. I have to switch the router off and on again to reconnect the wifi on the tablet.
0 Likes