Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab sm-t560 - android update

(Topic created on: 08-02-2020 05:03 PM)
WAP
First Poster
Options

Hello, I need to update the Android version 4.4.4 to a newer version.  How do I do it... can anyone help me please.

Thank you

15 REPLIES 15
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @WAP 

Android 4.4.4 is the latest software version available for this Tablet we're afraid.

0 Likes
AndyBroks
First Poster
Options

I'm having issues with Android version 4.4.4 on my SM-560, the eBay and Guardian apps will no longer work. Also popular and legitimate websites I visit have started bringing up security warnings. My tablet is 3 years old. Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 I am entitled to a product lasting a reasonable length of time. It is outrageous and unacceptable for Samsung to build obsolescence into tablets so that they become useless after an unreasonable lifespan. I want my SM-560 updating from Android 4.4.4 to version 10, or a replacement tablet. 

Derrin
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problems.... my apps are all starting to jot work

Dolly18
First Poster
Options

Es ist gegen die Nachhaltigkeit ältere Tablets nicht mit updates am Leben zu erhalten sondern vernischtet Resourcen. Daran sollten die Entwickler denken und die dahinter stehenden kaufmännischen Gedanken in die Wüste schicken.

0 Likes
Members_XTTpqxG
First Poster
Options

Likewise my tablet (SM-t 260) was bought in Dec 2016 and I am having the same issues with apps not working.. Absolute disgrace that this version 4.4.4 is no longer supported. Samsung keen to take your money, but not for customer service

Roy1010
Apprentice
Options

Likewise SM-560

Doe670
First Poster
Options

I have started using my Tablet SM-T560 again after a period of absence and have been trying without success to update the operating system. I came across this thread and would hope that you are now able to provide some advice as to what can be done. Otherwise my Tablet is increasingly useless.  Thank you 

Roy1010
Apprentice
Options

No change that I am aware of,, shame on Samsung for selling a tablet that slowly turns into a brick!

J New
First Poster
Options

Ditto, disgraceful but the usual supplier issue with IT. They don't care about green issues just force us to throw away perfectly functional equipment because OP sys or drivers become obsolete.

0 Likes