Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S8 Ultra Second Screen in wired mode

(Topic created on: 03-11-2022 09:55 PM)
Buxton1
Student
Options

Hi. Is it currently possible to use my tab S8 Ultra as a second screen by connecting to my PC via a cable? If not, does anyone know if this functionality will be available in the future?

8 REPLIES 8
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Buxton1  It is best to connect  2nd screen wirelessly,the 2nd screen app on the tablet will make it seamless. This work as long as both Devices on same wireless Network  with  Windows 10 and 11 on the Pc. 

see detailed information here https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-set-up-samsung-galaxy-tab-s8-secondary-screen/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Buxton1
Student
Options
Thanks for your response. My experience is a bit laggy but I'll play around with the settings and hopefully this will improve. I would think a wired option would also give a better experience in case the WiFi isn't great.
Members_4Kge1xi
First Poster
Options

I was going to say the same thing, bummer they won't do that. I would love to use the OLED screen for gaming but the input lag in wireless is too prominent, even on 1Gbitsps ethernet and WFI6E on the tablet.  

dunaylive
First Poster
Options

I have the same impression that the wireless connection is too laggy and it it hard to use the Tab S8 as a writing pad.

hynarbirs
First Poster
Options

Hello Guys, 

Did you figured it out yet? Thats my problem too, wireless mode is a bit laggy for my usecase (i want to use it work related, as a "mobile office" with laptop and external monitor - the s8 ultra)

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
Duese
Student
Options

I just use super display, works like a charm. I would love for samsung to integrate their own wired function tho. Should be easy since it already works wirelessly

Duese
Student
Options

yeah but i doesnt work that well wirelessly ... also my pc doesnt have a wireless conection and tbh why should it, a cable is in every single case better for a pc. So why wouldnt they include the option to do it via cable? Seems easyer to programm than a wired connection option in the first place.

0 Likes
Members_0LJ5xfU
First Poster
Options

If PC is ethernet connected, WiFi is not up, so how can I use Second Screen ? I don't want to buy SuperDisplay: I want to use Second screen native.

I stopped firewall and antivirus, I tried with many USB cables, but it doesn't work: Win+K doesn't show the tablet

0 Likes