Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Tab s6 screen issues

(Topic created on: 26-10-2019 11:02 PM)
Emzpopz
Apprentice
Options

I have areas of my screen that won't respond to the s-pen in multiple different applications. 

The same areas won't respond to a touch press with the pen or if drawing/writing will stop the flow and repick up after the affected area. 

Is this a pen issue or a tablet issue? 

Any help would be appreciated. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
Thanks for checking that @Emzpopz. As the issue seems to be stemming from the S Pen I recommend reaching out to Samsung Support via the link below to enquire about obtaining a warranty replacement. Please be aware that proof of purchase will be required, and should contain the retailer logo, amount paid, reference to the tablet itself and the date of purchase.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus/

View solution in context

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
AndrewL
Options
@Emzpopz: Please can you try going to the Members App > Get Help > Interactive Checks > S Pen, and tap each square with the S Pen, followed by a hover test where you will be asked to guide a circle from point A to B. Are you able to complete this check with a 'pass' rate?
0 Likes
Emzpopz
Apprentice
Options

After completing the checks it says;

Spen - action required 

Spen hovering - action required

What would be the next steps from here? 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Emzpopz: Similarly, please open the Members app > Get Help > Interactive Checks > Touch Screen, and swipe across all the squares to see if you encounter any errors. Can you confirm if you are placing the S Pen back in its holster to charge when not in use?
0 Likes
Emzpopz
Apprentice
Options

Touch screen test came back as normal and the pen is always returned to the holster when not in use.

Thanks 

Solution
AndrewL
Options
Thanks for checking that @Emzpopz. As the issue seems to be stemming from the S Pen I recommend reaching out to Samsung Support via the link below to enquire about obtaining a warranty replacement. Please be aware that proof of purchase will be required, and should contain the retailer logo, amount paid, reference to the tablet itself and the date of purchase.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus/
0 Likes
Abdessalam
Student
Options

i got the same exact problem.. whene i try to take notes i coudn’t write in a specifec area on my tab s6 but i fixed it without changing the s pen or geting in the sittings. It’s a simple stuff and i figured it out. If you havn’t yet i can tell you.

cloudroll
First Poster
Options

Hi, can you please eleborate on how you fix this issues?

Thanks.

0 Likes
HarelYadan
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem.

How did you solve it?

cloudroll
First Poster
Options

Believe it or not I just had to reboot.

That's all it took.