Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S6 Book Cover Keyboard has wrong input

(Topic created on: 07-10-2021 07:12 AM)
bruunduun
Navigator
Options
i have the keyboard for the tab s6 and i have realised that the layout is UK but the input is US, e.g. shift 2 and shift ' are switched. when i look in my settngs all the inputs are set to UK so i dont know what to do to fix it. anyone got any tips?
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
I had this problem with a Bluetooth keyboard, if I remember rightly I set all the settings to US and then back again to UK and it seemed to sort it. Worth a try 😏
bruunduun
Navigator
Options
I just tried this and it didn't work, i wonder what it is then
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
I've checked checked my settings on my Tab S7, it's the 'physical keyboard' settings you need to make sure it's set as English (UK). clipboard_image_1633623337367_1633623337367.jpg
bruunduun
Navigator
Options
it is set on that
Screenshot_20211007-185346_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
srv1
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue it was caused by a 3rd party app 'button mapper' when I disabled that the keyboard works OK so make sure you have no service that is grabbing your keyboard process...

Others have said it is fixed when you do a factory reset but the reason for that is because it will remove the app that was causing the issue as soon as you install the app again the keyboard will not work as mapped...  took me a few hours to work this out gggrrrrrrrrrrr 😉

0 Likes