Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S5e - Wifi not autoconnecting on boot up

(Topic created on: 05-08-2020 02:09 PM)
Tigers278
Apprentice
Options

After a recent updat (think around 4-6weeks ago) my Tab S5e appears not to connect to the Wifi when booting up. Have tried several things (including sending it back to 02 where i got it from)

These are things i have tried:-

1) Reset Network Settings

2) Gone to a different location (ie my parents)

3) Factory Reset and restored settings from Samsung Backup

4) Factory Reset and restored settings from just Google

Sent it to 02 who checked it over and advised their was nothing wrong. Since having it back i have configured it again from Samsung and issue is still happening. I've started taking photos with my mobile to get proof I'm not going crazy.

When i boot the tablet up, it goes to 4g and wireless does not kick in (despite the option to autoconnect is enabled) When i got to the wireless settings, no wireless connections are appearing. To get this to work i have to turn wireless off and back on. Once this has been done, the connections appear and the tablet then connects

Are there any know issues with Wifi on S5e's. Are there any known fixes for this issue?

9 REPLIES 9
kurtph1969
Apprentice
Options
hi, I have the exact same issue with my Tab S5e. I have to toggle WiFi off then on for ANY wireless networks to show up. Some are saying there are known WiFi issues with this tablet. I've contacted Samsung and they suggested that I make sure that WiFi isn't hibernating when the device is asleep but I couldn't find that setting on Android 10. I've just turned off WiFi scan throttling in developer settings so I'm going to see if that helps. I'll post back on here soon.
Tigers278
Apprentice
Options
An update of sorts. Have spoken with 02 and they have advised it may be an update which has caused this. I was given a number to call Samsung Technical Team however it went through to the Reception Team. They took a whole load of details and scheduled in a call back for 1pm today. This came and went NO CALL BACK, not surprised to be honest was sort of expecting it but not good customer service tho
0 Likes
tmgrood
First Poster
Options

Still no fix for this problem?

0 Likes
ErockSC
First Poster
Options

Same problem with a client's device. Updated to Android 10 - no wi-fi, nothing in the connections list. It's like the chipset has been disabled or is sleeping. 

Samsung - please help!

0 Likes
TheMurf
First Poster
Options
I have a similar problem. I have to stop and restart wifi after each start-up to get it to connect to my known home wifi.
0 Likes
Tigers278
Apprentice
Options
Further update, tablet has been returned from Samsung n issue is still there. No communication as to what this issue is and what they tried. At least when it came back from 02 I had a letter with it.
0 Likes
Wintings
Apprentice
Options

I have exactly the same problem. Good news that it's not just me being annoyed by this glitch. Bad news that Samsung are doing nothing about it.

0 Likes
Tigers278
Apprentice
Options
Have installed the most recent software update and toych wood its connecting to wireless on boot up
Wintings
Apprentice
Options

Yes, the update seems to have fixed it. Now all we need is a cure for the coronavirus.!