Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch users on lockscreen option gone?

(Topic created on: 21-09-2022 07:11 AM)
Members_5JpsMiL
Student
Options

On our tab a we used to be able to switch users from the lockscreen by swiping down and tapping the user icon. This disappeared an update two or three months ago.

This user icon is gone and now my kids can't use the tablet when it's on my account bacause it's password protected.

Is there another way to switch users before you login? 

8 REPLIES 8
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful to you

How do I add additional user accounts on Galaxy device?

https://www.samsung.com/my/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-tab-a-how-do-i-add-additional-user-accounts...
0 Likes
Members_5JpsMiL
Student
Options

Thanks! But the accounts are already there. The problem is that now, when I want to switch users, I have to login, go deep in the android settings and switch users. I used to be able to just pull down the notification bar and press on the current user icon and switch users. 

NyceBryce
First Poster
Options

Try deleting any user accounts that were on the tablet before the update occurred, then re-make them as unfortunate as that is, worked for me. (Galaxy Tab A 10.1" 2019)

0 Likes
Jameswalter
Journeyman
Options

Click on the Start menu in your taskbar. ...
Select the Settings icon, indicated by a gear.
Click on the Accounts tile.
Switch to the Family & other users category using the panel on the left-side of the screen.
Click on the Add someone else to the PC button.

Greetings,
James

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

Just give your Android phone or tablet a simple reboot and then check if your problem is solved. Reboot the Router: Pull out the router, wait for at least 30 seconds, then plug it back in and connect your phone to the WiFi. Restart your phone: Press and hold the “power” button, turn off your phone and then turn it on.

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

Click on the Start menu in your taskbar.
Select the Settings icon, indicated by a gear.
Click on the Accounts tile
Switch to the Family & other users category using the panel on the left-side of the screen.
Click on the Add someone else to the PC button

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
ShiVaM02
First Poster
Options

Hope you figured it out already but I came across this thread yesterday when I thought I faced the same problem while setting my new Galaxy tab. Google search led me to this thread and the article below.

https://support.google.com/googlepixeltablet/answer/13591529?hl=en-GB

Went back to my tab and the profile selection was at top right already without me having to change any settings, I just didn’t notice it earlier. I couldn’t find the ‘switch on multiple users’ option in Samsung (Android13) settings but thought this article might be help someone. 

0 Likes
Members_Wa4JPdI
First Poster
Options

Just had same issue. Trigger was an account that had no password/pin set. Caused the profile switch widget to disappear. Had user add a pin and it was back.

Just FYI for future folks who hit this thread.

0 Likes