Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second screen doesn't work on Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra 5G

(Topic created on: 02-06-2022 07:25 PM)
Tom Placer
Journeyman
Options

My Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra 5G, bought in March, upgraded to to last firmware Andorid OS build...everything.

I've tried the second screen function from two different PC's with windows 11 (both upgraded to the latest version of Windows, I mean all SP-s are installed (the last is Cumulative May 2022 upgrade for Windows 11)).

I've tried the functionality on 2 different WiFi Networks which are set on 2 different routers. Both, the Tablet and the PC's were on the same WiFi network. 

Both the PC have installed Samsung Second Screen SW from Microsoft Store (but I've tried also native functionality (within Windows)).

The results are exactly and every time the same: The tables goes black screen for a second or two, and then the home screen reappears. Like If the connection is established but when the picture from the PC has to be displayed, the tablet closes the connection. And even on the PC I have to reinitiate the procedure of connection with CTRL-K (Win native) or with the Samsung APP.

Can somebody give me an advice to solve the problem or Samsung has to overcome this issue?

I've bought this tablet beside all to use it as a secondary screen when I go to work at the offices of my customers.

Any answer would be highly appreciated. If it comes from Samsung directly even more.

Thank You in advance for the answer(s).

65 REPLIES 65
chief_of_mischief
Apprentice
Options

For the first 3 months of use of this tablet, second screen worked. One day suddenly it stopped and I dont know why it stopped 😞

0 Likes
chief_of_mischief
Apprentice
Options

The second screen feature works with my old laptop. Mysterious as to why it now does not work with my new laptop 

0 Likes
Yzack
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, I had the same issue  and your solution fixed it!

0 Likes
Vagner_Figueira
First Poster
Options

My galaxy tab s8 ultra was not connecting to my dell laptop and I was very unhappy for  1 week. Now the second screen is working perfectly thanks to you!!!
Many thanks for this post!

0 Likes
Nothrem
First Poster
Options

In your Firewall, allow "TCP/UDP" in both directions for:

C:\Windows\System32\WUDFHost.exe

then it should work if the problem is your automatic Firewall.

14AK
First Poster
Options

Can you explain this in layman's terms.  I have no idea how to do this. Thanks

0 Likes
14AK
First Poster
Options

Very frustrating that this is still a problem.  This used to work really nicely.  Not sure what happened. 

0 Likes
TheMortal
Apprentice
Options

Thank you Nothrem, for giving us the Windows service file name to allow through the firewall . That worked for me like a charm - great surprize.

People, you do not need to care about changing the WiFi driver from Intel to Microsoft one. I tried that, and the older MS driver did not help. Stick to the newest Intel. 

So, only this trick solved my problem with connecting to S8 Ultra, via standard Windows Wireless Monitor app (Win-K). I do keep the Samsung Second Screen app installed - and it does not harm much. Will test that up later, but standard MS works.

But note this:  if you have some anty-viris software, like I have - it can stay on. I repeat. The virus protection can stay on. But often, such a software also has a firewall, that takes over the functionality of standard Windows Defender Firewall.  You need to note that in the Windows settings. In such a case, manipulating in the settings of Windows Firewall , will not help.

Instead, go to the settings of your firewall in your custom protection software, and add the exception rule there. Use the great hint that Nothrem provided - the file name. Add the service via the file name. Allow trafic in both directions , and both for TCP/UDP. 

You can also add the notiffication - if that particular rule of the custom firewall is reached. I added this, and everytime I connect to the  S8+ Tab for second screen , I get this in Windows:

TheMortal_0-1693231203085.png

This also pops-up from time to time, when I do not use the laptop for a while , and it needs to re-establish the connection. 

Try with the firewall disabled first, and then - if works, add this exception rule and enable the firewall.

It is just it , really. Just this service, that is needed.

Good luck people and enjoy.

TM.

0 Likes
TheMortal
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, that exactly made it to work.

0 Likes
Jeet343
First Poster
Options

I wish I found this solution 6 months ago.

Now it works on every pc of mine.

0 Likes