Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for a note taking app with good drawing functions

(Topic created on: 10-10-2020 06:48 PM)
tim_friedel
First Poster
Options

Hello everybody,

I just started studying civil engineering and I am thinking about buying the tab s7 in order to take notes in class. Therefore I am looking for a good note taking app which supports the functions I need.

Firstly it needs to be able to edit and take notes on pdf files. I know that there are a lot of apps including the standard samsung notes app, but the second requirement I have in mind might make it more difficult to find one. Since we also need to draw diagrams for example, I need an app which also features good drawing tools. Like for example showing how long a line is or its angle when drawing would help me a lot. It wouldnt matter if I had to pay for an app so feel free to recommend anything you know. I know that these requirements might be a bit special but I would just like to know if anyone can recommend an app that suits my expectations 

Thanks in advance for responding!

7 REPLIES 7
Maroš
Voyager
Options
I have S7+, part of my job is digital drawing so I made good decision, had Clip studio pre-installed which is PRO drawing tool, hope my post helped
0 Likes
Maroš
Voyager
Options
also Samsung Notes is one of the best Note apps ever
0 Likes
Maroš
Voyager
Options
Also tab S6 Lite is very good tablet, made actually for note taking and drawing, and its half price so its up to u, but all Samsung tablets with S-pen are very reliable
0 Likes
Ayano77
Apprentice
Options

try squid. to edit pdf files you would just need to pay them $1 a month.

0 Likes
Ayano77
Apprentice
Options

He said he needed both note taking and drawing so samsung notes or squid will do just fine in his situation

0 Likes
Maroš
Voyager
Options
try NoteShelf
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@tim_friedel

The Samsung Notes app has a new feature that lets you import PDF documents. You can write on, draw on, and annotate your PDFs right from the app and then save them for future use. There are additional options for exporting PDFs and notes as well, such as PowerPoint presentations or Microsoft Word documents, if you need to add the contents elsewhere. Please note that PDF files that have been imported into or exported from Samsung Notes cannot be edited. Only text and drawings can be added to the PDF. Some of these features may be grayed out or unavailable if you don't have the most recent version of Samsung Notes.

0 Likes