Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen timeout

(Topic created on: 07-09-2023 10:55 PM)
Nate1991
Explorer
Options
I work as a tattoo artist and I'm really struggling using the tab 8 ultra. I use my tablet as reference on a stand while working but unfortunately it turns off after 10 minutes and I can't seem to find a way to get around this 
10 REPLIES 10
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
If you are able to have it connected to a charger you can toggle this setting on in developer settings. If not there may be another way, would need a min to look into it.Screenshot_20230907_235426_Settings.jpg
Nate1991
Explorer
Options
I have thought of that but need manoeuvrability and hate cables hanging about
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Or the other option is to use this setting which keeps the screen on when being viewed with the 10 minutes timeout on at the same time.Screenshot_20230908_000459_Settings.jpg
Nate1991
Explorer
Options
I've tried that as well and because I'm not constantly staring at it turns off I've been into developer options still no luck 😭 I moved from apple to Samsung and haven't been overly happy with my experience but this has made it far worse
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Just touch the screen once every 5 -10 minutes and it will continue to stay awake for a further 10 minutes after each tap.
0 Likes
Nate1991
Explorer
Options
Not ideal when you've got gloves on an potentially blood and ink
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Oh I know what you can do. I've done this before. Prop the S in such a way that the S Pen pointer appears on the screen, as long as the pointer is on the screen it will remain awake. Does that make sense?
0 Likes
Nate1991
Explorer
Options
Makes complete sense I'll give that a try! Really appreciate it hopefully they give me a proper solution in the future
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Essentially this but it can be done way better. Hope there can be a better solution available in future.20230908_214426_1000004957_1694205984.jpg