Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 09:44 PM)
kezza1984
First Poster
Options
My boyfriend bought me a Samsung galaxy a7 tablet for Xmas and I just bought sd micro memory card and just find out that you can't move appa to sd card that is stupid why is they a memory card slot  then  if Samsung want people to buy their products then they need to make big changes like letting people use the memory card it a shame because its a really brilliant tablet please can Samsung sort this problem out. 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
MarianDicu
First Poster
Options
Hello, i had the same problem back a couple of years ago with one of my old tablets, so what i had to do was to change the storage for apps from the internal storge(tablet) to external storage(microSD). It might gonna work for you as well.
0 Likes
kezza1984
First Poster
Options
thank you for the info I'll get my partner to have a look
0 Likes
kezza1984
First Poster
Options
thanks for your reply but how did you do it my boyfriend looked through my settings and he can't find anything that will give him the option to do this
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Whether an app can be moved to the SD card depends on how the apps are compiled. There's a number of reasons for this.
0 Likes
Lastboyscout
Pathfinder
Options
whether an App can be moved to an SD card is determined my the App developer, not the phone manufacturer. If you go to Settings, then Apps. Click on an App and then select storage. You will then be able to see whether the App can be moved from Internal to SD Card. You may find that if an App you gave moved to the SD Card gets an update, the update may well go back onto your internal storage. As I said, it is the App developer that is doing this. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
kezza1984
First Poster
Options
I know that some apps can't be moved due yo the app developer but every app I have can't be moved to SD card and that's a lot of apps lol Noe either I've been unlucky with my choice of apps or something isn't right
0 Likes
FlyingKiwi
Navigator
Options
You could always try writing to the app developers to ask them to make their apps install on and work from external storage.
0 Likes