Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung tab S6 no longer recognizing usb

(Topic created on: 15-11-2021 02:32 PM)
Pete_h
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I have been struggling with my Samsung galaxy tab s6 recently. I have a hard drive that I connect to the tablet using an adapter. This worked very well for a while but for the last 2 weeks whenever I connect it, it simply states “ the connected USB device isn’t supported”. I am using the same adapter and the same hard drive so I know that it should work. Previously there was a message which alternated between “ the usb is connected” and “ the usb is disconnected”. These messages alternated even when no usb was connected. 
I had tried fixing it by myself before and I may have changed some settings, although I do not remember how to get to those settings or what I changed, I am fairly technologically illiterate.

has anyone experienced this problem before? 
Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

#galaxytabs6 #usb #tabs6

5 REPLIES 5
Pete_h
Apprentice
Options

I forgot to mention, the adapter works when connecting my hard drive to my friends phone, and the charger works on my tab s6. 

thank you 

0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try wiping the cache partition on the tablet and that should resolve the issue. To do this, just search 'how to wipe cache partition Samsung tab S6' and you should find what you are looking for 🙂. Hope this helps! 😎
Pete_h
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for taking the time to help out. For some reason whenever I follow the steps to access the reboot menu ( turning the tablet off and then pressing the volume up button simultaneously with the power button) all it does is turn on the tablet as normal. Both the volume up button and the power on button work when using the tablet. 
I tried doing it while charging the tablet but still had the same issue. Any ideas what might be happening? 
thanks again 

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
If that did not work, try taking it to a phone repair shop near you and hopefully, they can quickly fix this issue 🙂. Hope this helps! 😎
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Pete_h: You could try heading to Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 lines with the downward facing arrow, to the right of 'Your apps' > Show System Apps > OK > USBSettings > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data, then restart your tablet. If the issue persists, press and hold on the Samsung Members app icon > Diagnostics > USB Connection, and follow the on screen prompts. Does this flag any issues with the port itself? 

0 Likes