Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung S6 Lite Camera Settings

(Topic created on: 10-07-2022 11:28 AM)
EricG-38
Explorer
Options

Hi

When I open my camera app on my S6 Lite Tablet and click on the settings icon the settings windows opens for a brief moment and then disappears.

Can anyone tell me how I can rectify this fault

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
EricG-38
Explorer
Options

It happens in all modes. I have a Samsung cover for the device but it doesn't cause any of the problems you mention because it has to be opened up to us the tablet.

Strangely, I went through the device settings and switched off Developer Options which has cured my problem.  I don't  remember switching this on and don't know whether it is on by default and is needed but I'll leave it off and see what effect, if any, it might have to anything else.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@EricG-38: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Please can you try heading to Settings > Apps > Camera > Force stop > Storage > Clear cache, then restart your tablet. Also, head to the Galaxy Store > Tap the 3 lines in the bottom right > Updates, and check here for any available updates for the Camera app that might address the issue. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
EricG-38
Explorer
Options

Tried all this but the settings still flash on and then disappear.  This doesn't happen with my Samsung Smart Phone which seems to have the same camera app.  Can't see how to uninstall and reinstall it either to see whether this cures the problem. No mention anywhere that the S6 Lite lacks this facility.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@EricG-38: The Camera app is a stock feature of our phones and tablets, and cannot be uninstalled. Do you have a case or cover on your Tab S6 Lite that might be inadvertently pressing the Back button on your Navigation Bar, or the '<' button at the top of the Camera app settings screen? If this isn't applicable, can you confirm if you're on a particular Camera mode when you access the settings, and if the issue persists in all modes? 

0 Likes
Solution
EricG-38
Explorer
Options

It happens in all modes. I have a Samsung cover for the device but it doesn't cause any of the problems you mention because it has to be opened up to us the tablet.

Strangely, I went through the device settings and switched off Developer Options which has cured my problem.  I don't  remember switching this on and don't know whether it is on by default and is needed but I'll leave it off and see what effect, if any, it might have to anything else.

0 Likes