Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab A locked and changed password

(Topic created on: 20-07-2020 08:37 AM)
SB375
Student
Options

My daughters Samsung Galaxy Tab A has suddenly changed her lock screen pin number to a password which we do not know.   It asks for a password containing a minimum of 4 characters and one number, it previously was a pin with numbers only. 

It also won't allow us to turn the device off or restart without the password.  I have forced a reboot but can't see another way to turn the device off in order to do a factory re-set. 

Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks. 

36 REPLIES 36
Crazyhorse_555
First Poster
Options

Worked like a charm. Thank you 

0 Likes
Frogleg
First Poster
Options

I am having the exact same problem with my son's Tab S7. I called Samsung technical service and they told me it's not covered under warranty and told me if I bring it to Samsung Experience centre, it will cost me anywhere from $55-$155 to reset the tablet for "lost pin". But just like your post, my son's tablet was purchased and set up by me and I know he only had one PIN. No other passwords ever. After he came home from school, he complained about pin not being accepted. I did everything that was mentioned here but tablet would not turn off only reboot. I waited a week for this tablet to lose power so it turns off. I how once I charge it to 100% and do power button + volume up, it takes me to booting screen so I can wipe the tablet clean. I tried Google find my device, samsung find my device but since it wasn't connecting to my internet, I could not log into it to reset remotely. I am frustrated that samsung does not recognize this problem nor covers this recurring problem/device malfunctioning under warranty. I hope this works but if it doesn't, I am forced to cough out up to $155 to reset 2 months old (considered new tablet). I will update on my status but I am losing brand loyalty quite quickly since I had samsung everything (phones since s3 to current s20 and all my appliances samsung including washer dryer oven dishwasher refrigerator). Samsung is lacking customer service and their quality assurance is going down hill. 

0 Likes
tntbrand
First Poster
Options

I tried findmymobile and it say location unavailable but shows my wifi connection.  Then I am getting this message can't unlock your table remote unlock is off'.  I never even setup my tablet to lock and now I can't gt into it.  Help!

Find My Mobile

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

Settings
From a Home screen, tap the Camera icon.
If not available, swipe up to view all apps then tap Camera.
Tap the Settings Camera Settings icon.
To reset all camera settings back to default, tap Reset settings (at the bottom).

Shooting Modes
From a Home screen, tap the Camera icon.
If not available, swipe up to view all apps then tap Camera.
To change the camera mode, swipe left or right to select an option:
PORTRAIT
Tap an object less than 20 inches away to focus on it then tap the Camera button to take a picture.
PHOTO
Capture a picture.
VIDEO
Capture video.
Tap MORE to choose one of the following options:
BIXBY VISION
Tap to set up the Bixby camera

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
Missy1
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem.  I didn't put the pin on there.  I turned the tablet off last weekend and when I turned it back on, it was suddenly password protected.  I don't want to lose all my data but thinking reset is the only thing that will work.  

0 Likes
beefy23
First Poster
Options
Why is new Samsung tablet asking for a password when i didn't set it up to request a password
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@beefy23: Please can you confirm the model number and current Android version of your device, located in Settings > About tablet? 

At what point are you being prompted to enter a password e.g. on your Lock screen? Do you have biometrics set up? If so, this will periodically request a password or PIN for verification purposes, however you would have been prompted to enter a backup password/PIN at the setup stage. 

0 Likes