Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8 plus onscreen keyboard issue

(Topic created on: 24-10-2022 09:06 PM)
elorac48
Student
Options
Anyone help with an issue on my new S8 Plus? The onscreen keyboard appears automatically when typing messages, or as nowon forms etc; however other times it does not and I can't find out how to access it. Eg making an online order the keyboard appeared all through selection but then would not show when trying to complete transactions. Thanks in advance
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@elorac48: To access the keyboard, look for an input field with a vertical, flashing line, and tap on it. If there are no input fields on screen, then it won't be possible to bring up the Samsung Keyboard. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
elorac48
Student
Options
Thanks Andrew. That is what I have done, I have the input field with the vertical flashing line but the keyboard does not come up. I have checked in settings and it is set to show in the navigation bar, just doesn't appear when trying to enter details to complete transactions when shopping for example. It is fine in forums etc, FB and Twitter when it pops up automatically
0 Likes
Dovit
Explorer
Options
I get this also on my a7..sometimes it will pop up then disappear then pop up then disappear again..had this since android 12 update
0 Likes