Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S4 Camera Issue.

(Topic created on: 05-02-2021 04:29 PM)
GothicGeisha
Navigator
Options
Hello Everyone,

I'd Previously mentioned this camera issue in another post of mine,(https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tablets/new-update-bricked-my-tablet-7-7-20/td-p/1853259) the tip in there given by Tom about the dialer & MegaCam didn't work at all.

But today after the new UI update... we've got somewhere!

So with this latest UI update, my Tab S4 now has its rear camera use back, as it said "improved stability", so out of curiousity of not being able to use it for best part of a year & previous update saying the same thing, I decided to have a look. 
It's working, but now & again it flickers purple, which I managed to catch while in "pro" mode, doesn't flicker in video & I launched the dialer mode for MegaCam & it displayed a failed message, but it's getting there rather then black screening & freezing.

Front camera has never had an issue the entire time.

So what could be causing the flicker & why does it say "data line fail"?

(please excuse the mess, I'm searching knitting patterns)
Video, Rear Cam, No issues

Used *#0*# to get MegaCam up

Camera through normal samsung app now launches, but has a purple flciker, managed to catch it with Pro mode

As can be seen next shot didn't have the purple flicker

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options

@GothicGeisha: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with your rear camera.  Can you try restarting the tablet, then heading to Settings > Apps > Camera > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data. Close the app via the Recent Apps button, then reopen it to see if the problem persists. If it does then, based on the results of the Megacam hardware test I recommend reaching out to our Help Desk on 0333 000 0333, or via Facebook or Twitter, where an advisor will be able to look into this further for you, and arrange any necessary repairs. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.