Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right clicking on Android

(Topic created on: 27-05-2019 05:17 PM)
Moggie
Student
Options

Hello

I am new to Android as I use a windows laptop with a mouse. Just bought a Galaxy A tablet which is great and although elderly I have manage to set everything up except!..............................................how do I right click on  touch screeen?

Eg. on my laptop I might want to say right click on a photo and send it to say a memory stick or even right click on a you tube video and select the url to send to a downloader - many things. Can I not do this on Android or do I have to set something in settings or download an App (which I do not understand)

Thanks everyone

Gordon

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@Moggie 

This answer is for a Galaxy Tab A 2016

Just buy a mouse ... but the right click close the application or the window,  it act like a, back button... or you can select the text with your finger and a window appeared, you just have to select the action you want to do like on the following picture...

Screenshot_20190528-204046_Chrome.jpg

For Youtube, just press on the arrow, it give you many choice like copiing the url link. If you click on the +, it had it to your list for seiing it later, if you click on the 3 dots you can choose the quality outpu and many others thing

Screenshot_20190528-204718_YouTube.jpg

If you buy a mouse, you need the cable adaptor Micro-USB/USB if it is a USB mouse. Sorry for the picture this is a wireless mouse,  the mouse is not attached to the cable...

20190528_203552.jpg

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
0 Likes
Moggie
Student
Options

Thanks for that. Do not want a mouse for the tablet as it makes it less portable. Have tried holding finger on screen but no window come up!

Is there something else I have to do in settings?

Thanks again

0 Likes
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@Moggie 

Hi  Maggie, you can buy a pen with rubber tip in one side, this will help you to select a image

20190530_132127.jpg

Put the rubber tip on your image  (touching the screen)  and let the rubber touching the screen about 5-10 seconds and a small window will open

20190530_125304.jpg

It gives you many choice, register, share, open in a new window

20190530_125352.jpg

The Sharing option gives you many choices on how and where you want to share it

Screenshot_20190530-234410_Android System.jpg

For Youtube, you have to click on one of the following arrow and decide what you want to do

Screenshot_20190530-131144_YouTube.jpg

When you select any text with your pen with the rubber , you have MANY possibilties offered to you, just decide

Screenshot_20190528-204046_Chrome.jpg 

Hope you understand...sorry for my english

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
CorazonSierra
First Poster
Options

Its a diliberate oversight by Samsung to ignore full mouse support. This is obvously to promote the Dex mode which does support right-click but can only be accesed if attaching a periferal monitor or projector to your device via HDMI, VGA, or suppported USB (USB-C) functionality. Ive since learned that other phones and tablets by other manufacturers provide this functionality natively for a fraction of the price. This reminds me of using an Apple product, overpriced and limited on features. This one feature limitation is such an infurating handicap on my needs that I may shop elsewear for my next device.

SansungTabby
First Poster
Options

I am having this problem too!! I borrowed this tablet so I could see if this is something that I wanted to buy.

But this is getting SSSSOOOO annoying. I have lots of experience with androids but none of them do this.

When looking at a photo that I want to save I click and hold on the photo. No box opens. Since this happens there is no way to select anything. All my previously owned androids open a box that gives several options. Now not all open boxes will give the option to save the photo. I undertand this sometimes such as a copy protected photo.

The only clue that I am getting is that it usually always opens when I am on a webpage. (the box)

.......But when I am using www.google.com in "image" mode with many small boxes of photos showing as results of a search, it does NOT work (open box). So does this clue indicate that there is a setting with-in google????????

Thanks for listening.

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

This is most likely due to an outdated browser. I tested 4 browser apps and were able to download pictures from google.com image search on each.

Go to the galaxy store and make sure your Samsung browser is updated 

If your using chrome, Microsoft edge or firefox then go to google play and make sure the latest version is installed.

I also noticed while using chrome and edge when i would long press pictures on google it would bring up 3 options(visit, share, add to) but if i would long press the same image again it bring up the menu to allow me to download the image. (The little images on Google image search are normally smaller versions of the actual picture when downloaded)

0 Likes