Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protect Battery function

(Topic created on: 13-05-2020 02:50 PM)
sorgiulio
Journeyman
Options

I've enabled Protect Battery option in Settings - Battery - Charging on my Tab S6 Lite because it looked like a good idea to preserve the battery life. Yet, when I charged the device, it charged up to 100%. I know this because I revert the setting to check and found out that the battery was 100% while I was expecting to see it at 85%. Is this option real? Why it didn't work for me? Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Tigrgizmo
First Poster
Options

When this option is selected 85% is the new 100%.

That is - for convenience it will still show 100% but only charges to 85%.

0 Likes
Kumera
First Poster
Options

Ya I want to know this to for s7+ tab

0 Likes
Allan82
Apprentice
Options
I'm not convinced this feature is working on my Tab s7+. If battery protection is on and I charge it to 94%, if I then switch protection off and restart the tablet it still show 94%. Should it not show something less tan 85% if it really was limiting the charge to 85%?
MAX213
First Poster
Options

What I understand after reading the description of this Protect Battery function is that my battery will automatically change to to 100% upon reaching 85% when this function is activated. However, it seems like the battery level continues to increase past 85%. Similar to the other users, I tried turning off this function and waited for the device to restart but the battery showed to me was more than 85%. 

Is this a software issue or is my tablet faulty?

Perhaps a Samsung Officer can enlighten us on this issue.

RobP3
Journeyman
Options

That's not how it works, with that setting 85% is full battery (100%), meaning that all the values are adjusted based on that. After the change 90% is the "old" 76%.

RobP3
Journeyman
Options

It says that it might need a full charge to reflect that change.

0 Likes
Allan82
Apprentice
Options
Thanks Rob. Do you know if that is a full charge with Protect Battery on (i.e. a true 85%) or a full charge with Protect Battery off (i.e. a true 100%)?
0 Likes
RobP3
Journeyman
Options

A full charge after you turn on the option.

0 Likes
Allan82
Apprentice
Options
That doesn't seem to make any difference unfortunately. I charged to 100% with PB on. I then switched PB off and restarted but it still showed 100% and wouldn't charge any more. After a bit of use it dropped down to 98% so I switched PB back on and restarted but it still showed 98%. Protect Battery definitely isn't working.