Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility of downgrading firmware on Tab S7+

(Topic created on: 03-10-2021 09:14 PM)
Mallone
Navigator
Options
Hi, is it possible to downgrade the firmware on the Galaxy Tab S7+? I'd like to downgrade to the previous firmware because the latest firmware has completely ruined my tablet.
10 REPLIES 10
Ahmad24
Apprentice
Options
Yes you are absolutely right After the update my Samsung Galaxy tab is 7 plus freezing every time
0 Likes
Mallone
Navigator
Options
I'm shocked that Samsung aren't doing anything about it because there are a fair amount of people who are having issues. It's been over a week now since my problem started.

Did you either wipe your temporary cache through the boot menu or factory reset yours to resolve the issue? That has worked for some people but unfortunately not for me. Try it if you haven't.
0 Likes
sjj67
Navigator
Options
hi mallone..
sorry it's not possible to downgrade the firmware once has been upgraded ,,

it's like the bios on a pc.. and the only way I know is to replace the bios chip on the pc.

i think it does say this, "warn you", before you start the process of updating the firmware it's not reversible, and to backup your data just in case ,..
but saying that it could possibly be done by someone who knows what they are doing,
" with the the system inside out",
or you'll end up with a bricked up phone,, 😭,, so if i was you don't try to..
0 Likes
Ahmad24
Apprentice
Options
I did everything Unfortunately Before the update everything is good
Now touch response laggy trash
Mallone
Navigator
Options
Thanks man. I guess I'll have to learn to live with it running like this until Samsung releases a fix because I'm not willing to risk bricking my tablet.
0 Likes
Mallone
Navigator
Options
We're on the same boat mate.
0 Likes
Ahmad24
Apprentice
Options
Yeah you're right Samsung usually slow in update 😴 thanks anyway
0 Likes
micstewart
Journeyman
Options

yip, add me to the list.  Been getting a "laggy" response to touch since update a week ago.  Was actually getting to the point of returning the tablet for a warranty fix as I thought I had a hardware fault before finding this thread

#

0 Likes
SheilaRae74
Journeyman
Options

I sent mine in for a warranty repair but it came back with the same issue, touch not responding for 15 to 20 seconds. Should not happen in a $800 tablet.😡

0 Likes