Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Pairing galaxy watch 4 to tab s8

(Topic created on: 07-04-2022 09:53 PM)
Stewart_J
Navigator
Options
So there is a video showing that the watch 4 can be paired to the tablet s8 but when I go and do it it doesn't recognise it dose anybody know how to work around this 
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Yoppiliu
First Poster
Options

it reaally doesnt make sense the watch cant paair with their own latest tablet. Its the samee ecosystemm !

0 Likes
Doomsayers
First Poster
Options

I have the same probleme, i can use the app Galaxy wearable in my Tab S8

0 Likes
Stewart_J
Navigator
Options
have you figured how to do it then
0 Likes
JULIUS SURALTA
First Poster
Options

Does anybody had fix this issue?  I have Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 5G and still pairing to Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 is not working.  Hope you guys have solution to this.

0 Likes
Stewart_J
Navigator
Options
Yeah no I tried figureing that one out but unfortunately you can't it's only to pair your galaxy buds to tablets only the phone can be paired with the galaxy watchs
0 Likes
Joanna Wong
Student
Options

I have the same problem.
I bought Galaxy Tab S8 (5G) recently and would like to use it as a mobile phone. However, it cannot pair to my watch 4.
It is really nonsense for a device that has 5G but cannot pair to a smartwatch of its own brand.  
In conclusion, it is a waste of money to buy a 5G model.

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

Turn on the phone's Bluetooth. Turn on the watch's Bluetooth. Open Settings > Connections > Bluetooth. The watch will connect to the phone.

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
Joanna Wong
Student
Options

Thanks for your reply.

Bluetooth pairing is not a problem but that won't make your smart watch function normally. You still need the Samsung galaxy wearable app to find your watch.
So let me clarify my problem. After installing the Samsung Galaxy Wearable app to my Galaxy tab S8(5G),  the app CANNOT find my galaxy watch4, therefore, no pairing was able to make and no notification received by my S8(5G) can pop up on my watch4. >_<
This is why I said it is totally nonsense for a device that has 5G but cannot find and pair to a smartwatch of its own brand.   

Solution
sliwko
First Poster
Options

Galaxy watches are not compatible with Samsung Tablets.  Only phones. 

https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/how-to-pair-the-samsung-galaxy-watches-to-samsung-...

0 Likes