Go to solution Solved

My Files app (Yellow & Blue)

(Topic created on: 02-09-2023 11:26 PM)
KoMo
Student
Options

Screenshot_20230902_230852_One UI Home.jpg

 Hi,

#has any one seen a blue my files app in the S9 tablet before? I stumbled upon the blue app accidentally while sharing some files through nearby share and found that the blue app offers some more functionalities than the defaul yellow my files app. The problem is that I can't find it in the apps list and cant put it on my home screen. anyone knows where to find that app or how to intentionally open it?

Thanks!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
mbrett
Pioneer
Options
Found this on reddit: The shortcut to this app can be added using Nova Launcher by adding it to your home screen as an "Activity". And yes, it does open as a regular app this way.

Activities/Files/com.android.documentsui.files.FilesActivity

Just did this myself so I know it works. You can also use it to view bug reports and system traces (for devs), and to see what's in the Android/data folder.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
mbrett
Pioneer
Options
Found this on reddit: The shortcut to this app can be added using Nova Launcher by adding it to your home screen as an "Activity". And yes, it does open as a regular app this way.

Activities/Files/com.android.documentsui.files.FilesActivity

Just did this myself so I know it works. You can also use it to view bug reports and system traces (for devs), and to see what's in the Android/data folder.
KoMo
Student
Options

man it was driving me crazy! thanks a million. I took your solution and also tried another launcher than Nove. Using "Activity Laucher", I managed to add the files app to my Samsung Home Screen, not just Nova's

Thanks again, appreciate your support!

0 Likes