Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Color calibration and Blue filter. [Samsung Tab A 10.4 2020] SM-T500

(Topic created on: 14/05/21 01:24)
Leydda
Apprentice
Options
Tablets

Hello, I recently bought the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.4 and I notice that you can't calibrate the temperature of the screen. The blue filter only shows a brown layer on top, ruining the contrast, unlike other devices in which the blue filter actually modifies the relative color values and does not show a brown or yellow layer on top. Honestly, this is a bit disappointing, as I have seen that in other Samsung devices, there is such a function to change the color temperature.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Leydda
Apprentice
Options
Tablets

I see, not all regions can access to the latest version of One UI. In any case, you can't modify the color of your screen without root, I'm sorry, but the app you mention does not work. Also, how could you modify the color of your tablet without any interface where you can change the RGB values? Obviously it doesn't make any sense Maybe it produces a placebo effect on you. 

I had to root my tablet and I did it. 

This app Color Changer Free [root] - Apps on Google Play that requires root made me able to change the color WITHOUT AN OVERLAY and, of course, changing the RGB values to exact numbers.

It is a shame that you can't do this without voiding the warranty of your device.

But it was worth it.

Solution: There is not without root.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options
Tablets

@Leydda 

hello

what's the settings on blue light filter and screen mode?

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
antikythera
Voyager
Options
Tablets
Go to Settings>Display>Eye comfort shield. The slider for colour tone when the filter is on can be found there. Additionally I use this app on my devices, despite others on here swearing it won't do anything it does actually make a difference, colours and contrast look better
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=bully.games.displaycalibration
0 Likes
Leydda
Apprentice
Options
Tablets

That app is a scam, it only shows you ads and actually does nothing. There is no such thing as "Eye comfort shield" in my device.

I'm actually sad, because the screen has potential and the only way to achieve this color calibration without an annoying overlay blue filter is rooting.

0 Likes
Leydda
Apprentice
Options
Tablets

As I said,  The blue light filter only shows a brown layer on top, ruining the contrast, unlike other devices in which the blue filter actually modifies the relative color values and does not show a brown or yellow layer on top

0 Likes
antikythera
Voyager
Options
Tablets
I have the SM-T500 too and there is such a thing. Also the app isn't a scam, it does work. I have actually measured a difference with my Spyder 5 on both devices. I can't post this because I measured the RGB via DisplayCAL on Linux. It's more subtle on the Tab A7 but blindingly obvious on my smartphone which has a horrible blue tone out of the factory. If you haven't applied the UI 3.1 update please do so. Also use the settings search box if you struggle to find the eye comfort shield as I directed above
0 Likes
antikythera
Voyager
Options
Tablets
From my SM-T500

Screenshot_20210514-173313_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210514-173321_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
Leydda
Apprentice
Options
Tablets

I see, not all regions can access to the latest version of One UI. In any case, you can't modify the color of your screen without root, I'm sorry, but the app you mention does not work. Also, how could you modify the color of your tablet without any interface where you can change the RGB values? Obviously it doesn't make any sense Maybe it produces a placebo effect on you. 

I had to root my tablet and I did it. 

This app Color Changer Free [root] - Apps on Google Play that requires root made me able to change the color WITHOUT AN OVERLAY and, of course, changing the RGB values to exact numbers.

It is a shame that you can't do this without voiding the warranty of your device.

But it was worth it.

Solution: There is not without root.

View solution in context

0 Likes