Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media playback stops

(Topic created on: 09-03-2023 09:21 AM)
AndreescuD
Pioneer
Options
Hi guys. For a wile now I have this problem with media playback. Anytime I try to play a video or a song, it stops playing after a few seconds. To fix it, I have to clear the cache of the app I want to use ( youtube, Spotify...). Do you encounter such a problem and how do you fix it ??? It's getting annoying and I really consider to sell my tab s8 ultra because of this issue.. 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @AndreescuD. I appreciate that your apps crashing shortly after playing media is less than ideal, and I can imagine that it's frustrating to be clearing the app cache as often as you do.

Have you had the opportunity to go through all of the steps listed in the guide below?:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-fix-apps-that-keep-crashing-or-freezing/

Please let me know whether following these steps enables you to play media on your Tab S8 Ultra the way you would expect.

0 Likes
AndreescuD
Pioneer
Options
I have done all the steps before, my storage it's 68.5GB/128, and memory is 4.8/8GB. My Internet speed is aroud 150Mbps, or even more sometimes... And the app doesn't crush. Just stop playing. It's not only Google(youtube) , but also Netflix, prime video...
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

That's extremely unusual, @AndreescuD, and I expected that the steps provided would have helped - as, even though the media apps weren't crashing, it is typical for those steps to get them performing as they should do. It's particularly surprising that a Factory reset has not worked for you.

If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend submitting an Error report, so that our developers can take a closer look at this:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-the-samsung-members-app/

0 Likes
AndreescuD
Pioneer
Options
I haven't done a factory reset. I bought the tablet from Samsung 4 or 5 months ago, and it's up to date...software and apps
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Ah, OK, I see. The guide had a Factory reset listed as one of the last steps, but I appreciate that you may not have seen this. Before submitting an Error report, I think it would be a good idea to back up your data and perform a Factory reset on your Tab S8 Ultra, @AndreescuD:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/backing-up-and-restoring-data-on-my-galaxy/

After performing the Factory reset, please check to see whether the media plays as it should. If the issue persists, I would suggest that submitting an Error report would be a great next step.

0 Likes
AndreescuD
Pioneer
Options
I've seen the steps, and also the factory reset required, but I chose not to perform it, because it takes time, something that I don't have, and the tablet is almost new. Also, I don't see the point of performing a factory reset before submitting a error report...
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Certainly. I appreciate that you'd prefer not to perform the Factory reset at the moment, @AndreescuD. My feeling was that performing that particular step would get you up and running very quickly (without needing to wait for a response).

If you'd prefer to submit the Error report first, the developers will get back to you at the first available opportunity.

Please let me know how you get on.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AndreescuD  Some other advice before resorting to Factory Reset though sometimes this is necessary.  Appreciate that not all may be relevant to your situation.

Have you tried unpairing and connecting again? Firstly check that no power Saving Mode is enabled.   Could also try resetting  the Network Connections, General Management-reset- reset Network Connections.  If not solved Go to Apps-Show system Apps-Bluetooth -Storage and clear Data/Cache .

If to no avail clearing the cache partition can help.  Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. May need to  connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
NearlyAlanH
First Poster
Options
Since the latest Samsung galaxy update , when I upload a video from my cannon camera it will play one second then the image freezes but you can still hear the sound , I've tried to process the clip through YouCut video editing app but it won't upload to it . Photographing & filming the local wildlife is real joy of my life
Alan H
0 Likes